+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ugly

Ugly

That performance last night was probably the ugliest game I've seen since a cold foggy night in 1975 against Fulham...
    The only thing different then was that you couldn't see the other end of the pitch. After watching last night, I kind of miss that thick fog we used to get. I'm still not sure Gerrard knows what is his best team, I know that the version served up last night is not it! I've seen Mcginn praised for his efforts, but he still gave the ball away more often than not. Bailley's dribbling was inept, I see no point in having Ramsey on the pitch if your not going to play him in a position where he can influence the game.
    Plus notes, the defence is a lot surer with Young at Right back. I know a win is a win... but Good God it was an Ugly win. utv.

Very true Mondaze. The game sort of passed me by, as did the larger-than-normal flow of a certain beverage, due to sheer boredom.

I was a little perplexed about the selection of the captain and winger. I’m worried about Bouba’s injury, and when he’s not taking corners, what does Dougie add? Digne looked better, as did Konsa. Mings was super, but his swinging left leg can often go astray. Ollie has found his trampoline boots again, and when Bailey is in that frame of mind, he’s fking useless. Wrap that RB in cotton wool, and feed him grapes.

As they say, a win is a win, and I can now look forward to my weekend. A win on a Friday evening, sets you up well, no matter the performance.

UTV

Id take ten of those on the trot, no matter how painful to watch, instead of our last ten results, in my head its 40 points however we can followed by establish a style and sort out personnel on and off the pitch.

The thought of drawing or losing that game would have been a disaster! It wasn't and we climb up the table, we looked dogged and determined, im just surprised Var did not cancel the goal....

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)