+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Rams v Wycombe

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Some comments from some bitter Wycombe page

.....'Derby - tens of millions in debt to HMRC and various other creditors - able to afford players like McGoldrick, Hourihane, Chester, Barkhuizen, Collins, Mendez-Laing. All proven Championship performers, some of whom were playing in the Prem a couple of years ago'.....

Err I'm pretty sure if we were still in debt we'd still be in admin, and these players you mention were all free transfers and on a wage cap, Wycombe could have signed any or all of them and quite possibly paid them more than Derby could

....'I still can't believe the EFL let them delay submitting their accounts, which relegated us in the end. The accounts were already 3 or 4 years late.

They'll be back in the Champ in a year or two with a solid squad. In contrast, we were deprived of the only chance to ever see our team in the Championship. That will always grate. I completely hate them'.....

Err we were punished, Wycombe only ever got promoted to the Championship on a technicality due to covid and would have finished the season outside the top six, they didn't even deserve to be there in the first place and then complained they got relegated, should have scored more points then if they were that good and deserved to be there
    No sympathy for them at all from me, our players came to us because we are not a tin pot club

However, kudos to both sets of fans for an immaculately observed minutes silence

**** em

So glad we beat them and kept stum until after the game and thankfully we got the result

Sick and tired of that lot dragging it on to be honest.. fact is they benefitted from an early finish in 2020 and got a playoff spot over others for ppg and yet they never mentioned courts over that the sad pathetic bunch of *****

Thanks for the 3 points you to33ers now get back to the sh!thole from which you came
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 17-09-2022 at 07:52 PM. Reason: tidying up the worst of the swearing

We were utter crap for 25 minutes. Took 30 minutes to have a shot of any kind. Then what happened? Last 15 of the 1st half we should have 3 at least but they wouldn't go in. Last minute great Cashin tackle (a la Todd and, no, he's not that class but he's bloody good) allied to a couple of good saves by Wildsmith saw us go in 1 down. Breakaways apart, they weren't stopping us in the 2nd. Cue 70 minutes, applause and God save..... right at the end of the anthem we score. We went for more, battered them but just one more was added to the tally. A well earned 2-1 win. 26 shots, 12 on target to their 12/5.

More speed, more urgency, more purpose in the attacks. One off or is the LR message finally getting through?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    We were utter crap for 25 minutes. Took 30 minutes to have a shot of any kind. Then what happened? Last 15 of the 1st half we should have 3 at least but they wouldn't go in. Last minute great Cashin tackle (a la Todd and, no, he's not that class but he's bloody good) allied to a couple of good saves by Wildsmith saw us go in 1 down. Breakaways apart, they weren't stopping us in the 2nd. Cue 70 minutes, applause and God save..... right at the end of the anthem we score. We went for more, battered them but just one more was added to the tally. A well earned 2-1 win. 26 shots, 12 on target to their 12/5.

More speed, more urgency, more purpose in the attacks. One off or is the LR message finally getting through?
    Exactly. And Cashin may not quite be Todd but neither was Todd at that age. A future star, although I’d actually give mom to Wildsmith

I find that an interesting conundrum, we are bloody awful for 25 minutes but for the next 65+ we batter them and yet we have the goalie as MoM!
    The bottom line is, we're bloody good at being crap but crap at being good as we then undo the good work by playing blind man's bluff in front of goal!
    Not a good combo!

It is all rather bemusing. All credit to Rosenior for mixing it up and even the Wycombe manager admitted Derby could have scored 4 or 5. But why oh why do we still invite disaster by playing around our area? there are times when hoofing it out of the danger area!

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    It is all rather bemusing. All credit to Rosenior for mixing it up and even the Wycombe manager admitted Derby could have scored 4 or 5. But why oh why do we still invite disaster by playing around our area? there are times when hoofing it out of the danger area!
    I’m no tactician but I did detect a LITTLE bit more urgency when playing from goal kicks, not much but it’s a start

Incidentally i sat next to a Leicester fan on the plane earlier who blames their demise at least partly on Rodgers’ obsession with ‘this bloody tippy tappy stuff’ so it’s not just Derby

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Incidentally i sat next to a Leicester fan on the plane earlier who blames their demise at least partly on Rodgers’ obsession with ‘this bloody tippy tappy stuff’ so it’s not just Derby
    I blame Guardiola! trouble is he has many multi million pound players and could afford to drop the England No 1 goalkeeper and not play any other players who couldn't play the system he wanted. The majority of managers don't have that luxury!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)