+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: NUFC vs Bournemouth

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Good post.
    Agreed. Maxi would have been the difference between the draw and the three points although we were well under par compared with our recent form.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yep, fine margins is the key. Just takes things to shift a little either way for us to have had a great or a terrible result.

Yesterday was really the first poor performance in a long line of decent and very good ones.

I take your point about the money spent, Kal but what I would say is that it would be more relevant to my thinking if we hadn't been deprived of points by incompetent (and I'm being kind, there) officials. Yes, I know that can happen in any game, but the shocking decisions and non-decisions that have afflicted us this season have had a massive bearing on where we are. When you factor that into the equation along with the fine margins then I don't think we can judge where we are accurately. And certainly not enough for some of our fans on social media to be having a pop at Howe and the owners, ffs.
    I'm not saying it is or isn't good enough zip. Just saying (as did Trini) that we don't really know how patient the Saudis will be. We don't have any previous to go on as far as they're concerned.

I would like to think PIF are very patient. They waited 2 years to buy us, they also have waited patiently to get the right players in with the right attitude. Staveley said it was a 5 year plan. If things aren't looking how they expect, to be on course for that then maybe they will act.

For me though Eddie Howe has more than enough credit in the bank after last season. Weigh that up against a draw against Bournemouth and I can't understand why fans are worried and criticising. It's the modern way though, have a go if we don't win. Instead of just accepting it was one of those days and giving the opposition credit.

Its football, we won't win every game and just because we have money we don't have a right to do so.

It's absolutely insane that anyone can have doubts about Howe. Anyone who does is either a mackem pretending to be one of us or a 'new' fan.

If you offered me any manager we've had since Sir Bobby, I'd take Howe.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    I would like to think PIF are very patient. They waited 2 years to buy us, they also have waited patiently to get the right players in with the right attitude. Staveley said it was a 5 year plan. If things aren't looking how they expect, to be on course for that then maybe they will act.

For me though Eddie Howe has more than enough credit in the bank after last season. Weigh that up against a draw against Bournemouth and I can't understand why fans are worried and criticising. It's the modern way though, have a go if we don't win. Instead of just accepting it was one of those days and giving the opposition credit.

Its football, we won't win every game and just because we have money we don't have a right to do so.
    This is precisely the way to put it. Hopefully it was just a one off game and as I said in another post, had Maxi been playing it probably would have been the difference between one point and three.

What it did show up as we are all aware of, is that the bench as a whole need to be improved to be of first team standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    I'm not saying it is or isn't good enough zip. Just saying (as did Trini) that we don't really know how patient the Saudis will be. We don't have any previous to go on as far as they're concerned.
    no we don't, but apparently Amanda and Merhdad tweeted over the weekend that they were happy with being in the top 10 at this stage of the season.

i say apparently cos i cant find the tweet - whether they said it or someone else said they said it

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    no we don't, but apparently Amanda and Merhdad tweeted over the weekend that they were happy with being in the top 10 at this stage of the season.

i say apparently cos i cant find the tweet - whether they said it or someone else said they said it
    That's good to hear. There were predictions made at the beginning of the season, mine was top 10 maybe 8th. That's progress for their first full season.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)