+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Dorking Wanderers 17.09.22 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    I think they're referring to league games so it isn't bizarre when you consider their stature and the fact they're part-time.

The most disappointing aspect for me is doing so well in the previous games only to succumb to a defeat against a team we should be putting away comfortably.

Hopefully it'll serve as a lesson and we'll come away from York with 3 points.
    9 times out of 10 we wouldn't have lost. Poor finishing from numerous chances and horrendous errors cost us the game. The stats don't lie. It would be far more worrying if we were outplayed and deserved to lose.

As for poor league results losing 5-0 at home to Macclesfield Town far surpasses this. Yes it's a bad result but too many knee jerk reactions as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    York won't be easy. They seem to be doing OK, just outside the PO's, ATM. The only diff between us and them is that we've won 1 more game.
    Yeah I was thinking we'll win at York but as it gets nearer it's become I hope we win at York. As long as by next Saturday it hasn't become we won't win at York then I'll be fairly confident ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by NcFc-123 View Post
    As for poor league results losing 5-0 at home to Macclesfield Town far surpasses this. Yes it's a bad result but too many knee jerk reactions as per usual.
    They weren't part time though and finished 5th that season, us 19th. Going into the game they were 8th, Notts 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They weren't part time though and finished 5th that season, us 19th. Going into the game they were 8th, Notts 19th.
    It's all relative though. We're non league and losing to a team 7 places below us can not be classed as our worst ever defeat, however it's dressed up.

It's all relative though. We're non league and losing to a team 7 places below us can not be classed as our worst ever defeat, however it's dressed up.
    I would give up if I were you. No way you will win this argument, although I do agree with you in some ways.

Slight over reaction i think once again
    Yes it's a disappoint result and in the grand scheme of things from the outside in, pretty embarrassing. But we are a national league team and we will lose matches to so called smaller clubs
    The players are only human so if you expect us to play well and win every game well then your in cloud cuckoo land
    On another day we win 8-0 and everyone is saying how great we are
    . It's football and we go again next week

I think its bizarre you feel losing to a team, away from home, 7 places below us in the league is shocking. If you think that is the case then you need a reality check. Losing to teams 1-2 leagues below you, which we have done a few times is far worse.
    I’m talking about league results in the context of what we can reasonably hope to expect. If I need a reality check then please provide it by giving me the results that you think were worse than this one.

Everthing has been said above although I don't know what game some of you were watching.

Notts were fg dreadful,deserved to lose.

How many times does Slocombe have to cost Notts points? I have said it many ,many times,he is a liability. His organising of the defence (he doesn't) distribution and talking to the defence (he doesn't). GET RID NOW.
    Any chance of going up get a decent keeper ffs.
    Last edited by Eastcoastultra1977; 17-09-2022 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    I would give up if I were you. No way you will win this argument, although I do agree with you in some ways.
    I've been posting on here for about 15 years - New username as the site doesn't recognise my old username. I'm glad the usual knee jerk reactions are still in place though, some things never change. As Soccerman would say - "We move on".

I've been posting on here for about 15 years - New username as the site doesn't recognise my old username. I'm glad the usual knee jerk reactions are still in place though, some things never change. As Soccerman would say - "We move on".
    Who did you used to post as?

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast