+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: v Bristol City

v Bristol City

It had to be that Nakhi would score against us. Honours even at half time though as per, we have 70+% possession again. How many would we concede if the opposition had that level of possession?

A good result even though i didn't predict it, Jay got me a point with his goal, assisted by JBG. Luton did over the bastids too or two for that matter. A good day.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    A good result even though i didn't predict it, Jay got me a point with his goal, assisted by JBG. Luton did over the bastids too or two for that matter. A good day.
    We are just missing the "Barton Factor". Drive it forward, kill, crush, win.

Attachment 22588

Well good result. However, why JRod get so much of the plaudits baffles me. I realise he is local and that is a good thing but for me we have better players who can take up this position. For him to get man of the match belies the players like Jordan Beyer who has come in and showed such composure and class. Dont get me wrong it is not that I dislike JRod he gives his all so no complaints there but he is no where near the speed and mobility of the team in general. I think the main forward position is the position we need to improve

I thought we would win yesterday but expected more goals. Great atmosphere on the Turf and we played very well at times restricting City to sporadic attacks. Our defence in general coped well when City were able to break but we look vulnerable to inswinging corners. PNE and now Bristol have exploited a palpable weakness. Cork was steady and calm in the middle of the park while Benson ran the Robins ragged in the first half and took his goal well before being substituted early in the second half. Lovely cross from JBG and a classy header from Jay Rod for the winner. Zaroury looked impressive when he came on. The girls and I enjoyed the win.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by outwoodclaret; 18-09-2022 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well good result. However, why JRod get so much of the plaudits baffles me. I realise he is local and that is a good thing but for me we have better players who can take up this position. For him to get man of the match belies the players like Jordan Beyer who has come in and showed such composure and class. Dont get me wrong it is not that I dislike JRod he gives his all so no complaints there but he is no where near the speed and mobility of the team in general. I think the main forward position is the position we need to improve
    IMHO he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. His general play was excellent, his hunger for the ball still consistently good and he rounded off a great afternoon's work with a proper striker's goal. MOM without any doubt whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    IMHO he was the best player on the pitch by a country mile. His general play was excellent, his hunger for the ball still consistently good and he rounded off a great afternoon's work with a proper striker's goal. MOM without any doubt whatsoever.
    Jay Rod had a good game BT capped with a fine goal but I will need to get my tape measure out to start checking your country miles!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Jay Rod had a good game BT capped with a fine goal but I will need to get my tape measure out to start checking your country miles!
    Zaroury looks like a proper unearthed gem Sir Outwood, why was no-one following up when he popped it on a plate in the six-yard box?

I thought Jordon Bayer seemed much better as a natural CB than Taylor.Calm also with the ball.Zaroury should start.Cant wait to see Twine.

I agree CiB. We have a lot to look forward to.

Bayer looked good. Zaroury looks exciting and with Tella, Maatson, and Benson we could punish a lot of teams. We have others too.

Brownhill is a different player too. Even JGB is playing with renewed vigour.

As for everyone who thought that Cork was past it, I think that he is showing his experience and ability that we haven’t seen since his England call up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)