+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matchday Thread: Cambridge v Rams

Matchday Thread: Cambridge v Rams

When it arrives,

Anyone?

All away tickets sold, yet again. Big following. 2 weeks training to prepare for the game. What could possibly go wrong?

I think we'll finally get that away win. 1-2.

We need to score away at some point

New manager for this one now so I guess different style

Looking forward to seeing how we line up amd play with Warne, hopefully a bit more direct and less messing around at the back

I think Mendez in particular will be a key player for us now as well

His preferred formation at Rotherham has been 1-3-5-2. That would see NML as right wing back, exactly the role he disliked at Wendy and the reason he turned down his new contract there.

It will be interesting to see the formation he goes with at Cambridge. At the Millers he used a mix of playing out from the back and a more direct/route 1 approach. Route 1 would help Collins IMO.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Hmmm...Cambridge won at Morecambe today (deservedly so according to the stats)...to go above us.
    Won’t be easy but will be important. 1-2.

I don't think we'll see a new manager bounce, as we haven't been bad.... Therefore, I'll predict a draw.
    I am, really excited though, and have been wanting us to sign an experienced lower league manager for years

Mendez wasnt all that bad wing back by all accounts, he just in and out the game according to a Wendesday fan

352 with our squad isnt a problem,, it would mean Knight goes back into midfield as well

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Mendez wasnt all that bad wing back by all accounts, he just in and out the game according to a Wendesday fan

352 with our squad isnt a problem,, it would mean Knight goes back into midfield as well
    Surely the important thing is that he left Wendy because he doesn't like playing wing back. Might that be at least part of the reason he was in and out of games there? As an attacking force, we'd obviously like to have him next season as well. Forcing him to play "out of position" (a position he doesn't like) may well see him want to go in the summer, maybe even in January....

Ironically the Cambridge manager is now favourite for our job.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)