+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Marsch - Voice of Reason or Loudmouth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I was thinking much the same.

I guess he’ll totally go down in flames when his time comes, but he’s doing quite well in the strange circumstances under which he came to the club. Bielsa would’ve been a tough act for any manager to follow. It’s not always been pretty, but he certainly isn’t completely clueless and was possibly what we needed in the short term. I’m far less sure on the long term, but what do I know, eh?!

He seems to have been a similar character in his playing career, so it is presumably his genuine character we are seeing?

I’m finally catching up with the second series of Ted Lasso here. It’s unfortunate for Marsch that his move to England overlaps so closely, but I’m sure he sees the funny side, even if routinely getting called Ted must’ve got old for him by now.

Believe?!

Defo committed to the cause thus far Orgs.
    Even took his wife & daughter out for the evening - to watch our U21's beat Southampton 6-2 !

Been a lot of talk in England that the Referees Association are not happy about his antics pitch side so from that perspective - how'd you feel about that if your officiating I'd wonder ?

MT,

I pretty much only read the WSJ as far as domestic papers go. I actually think it's gotten rather liberal with several columnists that seem to be on payroll for the DNC and Biden. I also read Daily Mail and Reuters regularly on the net. I think that overseas journalists try harder to actually report and find news stories than the US; which have pretty much gone to propaganda and reporting only things that fit their pre determined narratives. I look at all kinds of internet sites. I assume most of which are false until proven true.

The world has gotten very strange with scientists no longer subscribing to proving things before stating it's fact, jounalists just writing or reporting what they are told and schools no longer teaching kids to independently verify what they are told. Much of the entire basis of my early schooling was to learn how to read and analyze math and logic to be able to prove or disprove what I was being told. it's served me well. The young students today are not taught to question or prove anything. Just parrot what you are taught. I was taught that's calle3d propaganda and not learning.

One thing Americans are awful at are foreign languages. I can only speak/read one language and it's a life regret. I've tried to learn more but it's really hard once you get past a certain age. You just think in one language and can't learn to associate other words with the same item. My grandson will not be that way. My son is teaching him Spanish as well as English. Once you learn more than one language it's much easier to learn others. My brother is fluent is 6 languages so I don't think it's a hereditary defect.

Back on topic. I think that Joels point is kind of spot on. Bill Belichek (Patriots) is a brilliant, even if crooked and a nasty person, when winning. Wont be the same if he starts losing. Jesse could be the same. Just hope he's half as succesful (although being a little less crooked would be nice) as Bill is.

It's the players who need asking this question; if they se it as a distraction then he needs to control himself in the other hand if they are encouraged by it then keep going. He's not the only one being gobby this season and I wonder if it is orchestrated somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    It's the players who need asking this question; if they se it as a distraction then he needs to control himself in the other hand if they are encouraged by it then keep going. He's not the only one being gobby this season and I wonder if it is orchestrated somehow.

Orchestrated tactics maybe Calvo - I know JM is a follower of 'speaking the athletes language' concept. In that results in sport depend crucially on your ability to use your mind effectively - a very American theology for sure.

That is that most footballers are primary coached visually, meaning they prefer to be shown what to do.
    Some obviously like to be coached auditorily so prefer to listen to what to do.
    Younger ones tend to prefer someone to walk through what they have to do.

So maybe you hit nail on head as JM automatically takes control of any situation on the pitch that may result in our players losing focus as individuals within the team framework required on it.

On the other hand, should you sit on a bucket and take it, or do you try to get your opinion heard?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    On the other hand, should you sit on a bucket and take it, or do you try to get your opinion heard?
    Sitting on a bucket is it’s own powerful form of symbolism too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Managers were never allowed to do the crap they do now. That's what pre-game and half-time are for. If players didn't get it they won't get it been screamed at during play. I recall one coach here during an interview when asked he replied it's out of my hands once they are out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    I was thinking much the same.

I guess he’ll totally go down in flames when his time comes, but he’s doing quite well in the strange circumstances under which he came to the club. Bielsa would’ve been a tough act for any manager to follow. It’s not always been pretty, but he certainly isn’t completely clueless and was possibly what we needed in the short term. I’m far less sure on the long term, but what do I know, eh?!

He seems to have been a similar character in his playing career, so it is presumably his genuine character we are seeing?

I’m finally catching up with the second series of Ted Lasso here. It’s unfortunate for Marsch that his move to England overlaps so closely, but I’m sure he sees the funny side, even if routinely getting called Ted must’ve got old for him by now.

Believe?!
    Yep it’s a results driven world in the PL - so far so good - just hope when we finally play again we haven’t lost any of the momentum we had.

League table looking very bunched up in the middle at the moment.

Sadly, I think loudmouth.

Conversely, at least he seems to care.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Yep it’s a results driven world in the PL - so far so good - just hope when we finally play again we haven’t lost any of the momentum we had.

League table looking very bunched up in the middle at the moment.
    1 point from our last 3 games is hardly momentum hopey

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)