+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Clitheroe

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Will do, he was hoping that we might get Clitheroe away! That tale about Clitheroes moving was an April Fool's Joke posted somewhere on the net!
    By the way, don't take your missus to Rammy ------you know what will happen! Give her our love!
    At least Ken had seen the story then, I was thinking he might have been hallucinating. You're right about the missus Sub, I hadn't thought of that. She can still come with me, but her sister lives in Rammy, I'll drop her off there and pick her up afterwards, she's not going to the game.

I wouldn't have thought you'll have any problem with Penrith will you, having said that, the form book seems to have gone out the window in non-league this year, so never know do you.

sinkov, it will be an interesting game because Penrith have played 5 matches at home in all competition and are yet to win or draw a game at home.
    They are just 3 points above the bottom clubs, however, these are the sort of games that catch us out -----only one defeat this season and that was in the Vase against a team in the lower division of the Northern League!

sinkov, it will be an interesting game because Penrith have played 5 matches at home in all competition and are yet to win or draw a game at home.
    They are just 3 points above the bottom clubs, however, these are the sort of games that catch us out -----only one defeat this season and that was in the Vase against a team in the lower division of the Northern League!
    Last time I watched Penrith an extremely average Burnley team stuffed them 9-0 away from home in the FA Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Last time I watched Penrith an extremely average Burnley team stuffed them 9-0 away from home in the FA Cup.
    I remember that mon ami, describing that Burnley team as 'extremely average' is being somewhat kind to them I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I remember that mon ami, describing that Burnley team as 'extremely average' is being somewhat kind to them I would say.
    That was in 1984/85 and we were relegated from the third to the fourth division at the end of that season ----bad days indeed!

Clitheroe Golf Club instead of just putting up a new sign asked for planning permission to erect it. This is what the Tory Toffs said in response: "The proposed advertising signage, by virtue of its visual prominence, scale, cumulative quantum, siting and illumination would result in the introduction of an incongruous and anomalous form of development that fails to respond positively to the inherent character of the area, being of significant detriment to the character and visual amenities of the immediate street scene and the character and visual amenities of the open countryside and surrounding area."

You are welcome to it sinkov.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashi...paign=exchange

Will do, he was hoping that we might get Clitheroe away! That tale about Clitheroes moving was an April Fool's Joke posted somewhere on the net!
    By the way, don't take your missus to Rammy ------you know what will happen! Give her our love!
    It's sorted Sub, the missus isn't going. I'll pass the msg on to the dressing room, it's always a boost for them knowing she's not there.

You obviously kept the missus well away ---good win for your lads.
    Ashington had 6 changes from the team that won last week , including a 16 year old keeper who signed yesterday because both regular keepers had to go to work!
    Difficult game but we won 2-0 and our centre forward missed three sitters! Met a Burnley fan, 81 years old and lives in Penrith, and travels to the Turf for every match and has done for years. There were some great reminiscences and he was telling me that Frank Teasdale use d to take his own wine from home to give to visiting Directors because the club couldn't afford it!

Good win Sub, they all count, your centre-forward sounds familiar, he wasn't 6ft 4ins and speaking with a Dutch accent was he ?

Finally met up with Outwood at half-time, I think there was some confusion over the colours, I'm not sure Outwood was watching the right team in the first half, he knows Clitheroe play in blue, but so do Rammy, and we were playing in our 2nd strip, this led Outwood to think we were losing 2-1 at half time, as indeed the Blues were, but the Blues were Rammy, not us. We were lucky to be in front, Rammy were the better team in the first half, but Clitheroe got a firm grip of the game in the 2nd half and ran out comfortable winners in the end, going through their defence like a knife through butter in the last 20 minutes.

Great to hear and I hope that you sorted outwood out --if you know what I mean.
    Our centre forward is round 6ft 4ins but is as pitmatic as they come ---being Steve Harmison's brother!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)