+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Clitheroe

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I suppose it makes a change from a waterlogged pitch Sub, and it's not too far for Shields to have a wasted journey, I would think if it had been the likes of Stafford or Nantwich there might have been a few well pissed off people.

We managed to ease our fixture congestion tonight by losing to Daisy Hill in the Lancs FA Trophy, the fact that we played 3 first team players and 8 from the U21s tells you all you need to know.
    Ashington went to West Allotment in the NFA Senior Cup and pulled off another victory. The score was 3-1 with the winning goals coming in the last 8 minutes. On to Stocksbridge on Saturday now and some delicious local pies from Crawshaw's butchers!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Ashington went to West Allotment in the NFA Senior Cup and pulled off another victory. The score was 3-1 with the winning goals coming in the last 8 minutes. On to Stocksbridge on Saturday now and some delicious local pies from Crawshaw's butchers!
    Best of luck in deepest Yorkshire Sub, they haven't won a home league game yet, I'm sure your boys can cope with them. I can only ever remember seeing Steels once, it was a few years ago in one of the Cups, they gave us a right bloody pasting and no mistake.

Best of luck in deepest Yorkshire Sub, they haven't won a home league game yet, I'm sure your boys can cope with them. I can only ever remember seeing Steels once, it was a few years ago in one of the Cups, they gave us a right bloody pasting and no mistake.
    We have one or two injuries at the moment and are not sure whether or not we will have our regualr keeper available or whether the young lad will be in goal, as he has been in the last two games. Three coach loads of supporters are going down along with quite a few others, myself included, travelling by car.
    The general concensus is that it is Ashington's biggest game in over 10 years. Fingers crossed and good luck to your lads as well.

Problems mounting for Clitheroe as well Sub, and there's not a lot they can do about it. Pre-season they could virtually put out two teams, they'd whittled that down to 16 outfield players by the first game, which was fine. Since then Accy Stanley have signed our star full-back, an ex-League midfield player has decided to hang up his boots and we have two out injured, both probably looking at a couple of months, leaving us with just 12 outfield players and the U21s with two, possibly three, Cup games next up. Anyone we tried to sign would be cup tied, so we're fecked, we have to go with what we have and hope no else gets injured.

Problems mounting for Clitheroe as well Sub, and there's not a lot they can do about it. Pre-season they could virtually put out two teams, they'd whittled that down to 16 outfield players by the first game, which was fine. Since then Accy Stanley have signed our star full-back, an ex-League midfield player has decided to hang up his boots and we have two out injured, both probably looking at a couple of months, leaving us with just 12 outfield players and the U21s with two, possibly three, Cup games next up. Anyone we tried to sign would be cup tied, so we're fecked, we have to go with what we have and hope no else gets injured.
    The joys of non-league football ---who said that it would be easy?

The joys of non-league football ---who said that it would be easy?
    Clitheroe have been a bit like Burnley, just don't do Cup runs, now they have two on the go, they're running out of players and piling up a huge backlog of league fixtures. The money's rolling in, but they can't spend it.

Sinkov, sorry to see that your lads didn't make it last night although, from what you said on the other thread, it seems that they gave it a good go. Never mind, you can follow Ashington's progress although I don't think that that will extend beyond 15 October, but you never know.
    It was a good win for us on Tuesday and all helped by the fact that we were 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes, one of them was a 30 yard screamer from a lad who used to be in Newcastle's Academy. Finished up 3-0 with a record attendance at the ground of 1424.
    Off to Kings Lynn they go but I shall miss it because my son and his wife are visiting from Wednesday to Sunday next week so I shall be staying at home , although we may take in the Blyth Spartans v Wrexham tie.

Sinkov, sorry to see that your lads didn't make it last night although, from what you said on the other thread, it seems that they gave it a good go. Never mind, you can follow Ashington's progress although I don't think that that will extend beyond 15 October, but you never know.
    It was a good win for us on Tuesday and all helped by the fact that we were 2-0 up in the first 10 minutes, one of them was a 30 yard screamer from a lad who used to be in Newcastle's Academy. Finished up 3-0 with a record attendance at the ground of 1424.
    Off to Kings Lynn they go but I shall miss it because my son and his wife are visiting from Wednesday to Sunday next week so I shall be staying at home , although we may take in the Blyth Spartans v Wrexham tie.
    Dodged a bullet there mein freund, it's one heck of a horrible journey is that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Dodged a bullet there mein freund, it's one heck of a horrible journey is that.
    It was going to be done though, BT. Just a reminder of my days in business going off to buy books. Ashington Supporters Club have already filled 2 buses at £28 per head and it is likely that they will try for a third. Good to note that Kings Lynn have reduced their prices quite a lot and admission is £10 per adult, either sitting or standing and £1 for juniors. Chorley play them this week and prices range from £10 for juniors to £19 for adults.

Frustrating Sub, we should have won it, to be honest it was as one sided a game as you're likely to see and we somehow end up on the wrong end of 2-0. Our player-manager centre-half was out injured and badly missed, especially at the numerous corners, the lad who came on in front of us at Stan, a winger playing right-back, who I said is never a full back in this world, he's just called it a day after a re-currence of a serious injury at Rammy, so the depleted squad is even more depleted and Marske rock up on Saturday. Ah well, you never know.

Happy days at Ashington, some serious money being made now, do you no harm as you look like going up this season. Was it the black lad playing just in front of the back four who scored the 30 yarder, can't remember if you said he was ex-Newcastle or not. Will Ken be going down to Kings Lynn ? No more questions.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)