+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News circulating

He has to go tomorrow morning mate. He's draining the confidence out of the players and tonight I couldn't even make out what our formation was supposed to be. His record from the last 14 games of last season, and so far this season is dreadful, it more than merits a replacement.

One solitary P.L. victory in the last six**** matches !!! when does enough become ENOUGH ??? Some Wolfies will commiserate with, Bruno, who has been confronted by an injury list that is now beyond horrendous. However, in recent weeks, he has shown little in the way of finding a temporary solution to our woes. Game after game has been like watching 'groundhog day'. Bruno, it seems, has settled on a 'battle plan' that just isn't working' for the team and signs of desperation and uneasiness are beginning to emerge. We are blessed with some talented young players, easy on the eye and capable of playing very good football, albeit minus that all-important threat in front of goal. Each week it's been the same old story, with a despairing Bruno watching on, a picture of abject hopelessness like a rabbit caught in headlights. Yesterday, was no different until, finally, he introduced ,Costa, and for thirty minutes one could sense greater purpose in the Wolves attack. For once they had a target man in the middle, and it showed. He even scored a goal (correctly ruled offside) but even that made a nice change. Unsurprisingly, he's not as sharp as he once was, but hopefully his continued presence in the side may offer a way forward. I don't think, Bruno, can.
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 02-10-2022 at 03:37 AM.

According to Twitter the club are looking at possible replacements.

Quote Originally Posted by nortonwolf View Post
    According to Twitter the club are looking at possible replacements.
    If I Google it I reckon I could name the next manager.

Just need to look up the current Benfica, Sporting and Porto managers.

It'll be one of them three.

Whoever it is Fosun need to act quickly if they are going to do it, we’ve got enough problems with change as it is.

I bet the Manchester United supporters were glad they gave Alex Ferguson time when he was appointed manager. I have seen reports where Sean Dyche is being mentioned as a replacement for Large. Heaven Forbid!!!!!

Yesterday result was disappointing, however, I thought we played some really good football. One report I have read stated it was the best we have played this season. At one stage of proceedings, we had 85% possession to their 15%. While overall we had more possession. I am wise enough to know that this statistic does not convert to goals scored.

I found it strange that he played Nevis as a centre back when he had two centre backs on the bench. Not sending a very good message to those two lads.

The co commentator mentioned several times that Wolves have some very good technical players. Sean Dyche will soon knock that out of them. It was also mentioned that we are too good to be involved in a relegation scrap come the end of the season.

I wonder how many of those calling for the Managers head have actually coached a competitive sports team? I have and you can spend hours on the training field working on details, but games are different, a trip a bobble a missed pass etc.

Even the strongest critic could not have foreseen the injuries that have occurred or the red card for Collins, and now a one game ban for Neves. The players, even Coady rate Bruno as a coach and a person, rest assured he will be very conscious of the pressure that he is under and will be working hard to overcome this bad run.

I would certainly give the man till Christmas to sort it out. There would still be plenty of games left with this strange season to put a new manager in.

We'll be down by bloody Christmas Abbo if he stays! Only the desperate would call for the negative Dych and no way would Fosun approach him. We have the most talented squad since the 1970's but it needs creative coach to get the best out of them, and that ain't Lage!

Gone.

Yep, the club have, quite rightly acted quickly. Now, they must get the next manager right.

Quote Originally Posted by theplater View Post
    Yep, the club have, quite rightly acted quickly. Now, they must get the next manager right.
    Yes, better sooner rather than later if it was going to happen.

Please choose wisely Fosun, not just to line Mendes's pockets.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)