+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FC Edinburgh part 2

FC Edinburgh part 2

Should the gaffer make some changes this Thursday evening or stick with the team that did so well on Saturday ?
    Wonder if he’ll be tempted to give a few lads a start and give them some much needed minutes on the pitch.

I wouldn’t make too many changes but would be tempted to start big Bange , Connelly and maybe even young Gibson. Let’s have another right go at them.

First of all, - for all the recent criticism that Wullie received, - I think he has answered his critics appropriately, - mainly by following the well meant advice that was freely given. However, - he has now proven that the team are more than capable of competing at this level and he must maintain that level of commitment.

One thing that must be added though is that his substitutions were inspired and once again, - he used his own skill to the teams best advantage by assessing the opposition's flaws and then exposing them.

Although it would be tempting to play the same 11, - I would completely change things and let the 2nd 11 prove their worth, - albeit with a string of 1st choice subs to sort things out (if required.) In this way, - you have players challenging for places and hopefully providing the manager with a very pleasant headache of who to leave out in the next game!

More importantly though, it gives him room for manouvre when we next have 3 games in a week, - keeping the players fresh and eager, - rather than jaded players struggling to perform and receiving criticism from the fans.

I'd like to see some of the younger guys getting a chance. To be honest, I feel that at the 3rd level of Scottish Football, we should be able to give some younger players a chance even in the league games. Edinburgh tried to intimidate Lewis Gibson on Saturday, but he just bounced off them and went on to take the p**s out of them! His Dad has had his time and while he can still do a job on the pitch, I'm sure he will, as the manager, be aware that he won't be able to do it for 90 minutes week in, week out anymore.

[QUOTE=arrol1919;40123178]I wouldn’t make too many changes but would be tempted to start big Bange , Connelly and maybe even young Gibson. Let’s have another right go at them.[/QUOTE

Hopefully you are correct with only a few changes arrol as the chairman will defo want us in the next round of this cup.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    First of all, - for all the recent criticism that Wullie received, - I think he has answered his critics appropriately, - mainly by following the well meant advice that was freely given. However, - he has now proven that the team are more than capable of competing at this level and he must maintain that level of commitment.

One thing that must be added though is that his substitutions were inspired and once again, - he used his own skill to the teams best advantage by assessing the opposition's flaws and then exposing them.

Although it would be tempting to play the same 11, - I would completely change things and let the 2nd 11 prove their worth, - albeit with a string of 1st choice subs to sort things out (if required.) In this way, - you have players challenging for places and hopefully providing the manager with a very pleasant headache of who to leave out in the next game!

More importantly though, it gives him room for manouvre when we next have 3 games in a week, - keeping the players fresh and eager, - rather than jaded players struggling to perform and receiving criticism from the fans.
    I would make the minimum of changes to a side who won so comfortably at the weekend as we need momentum although I expect FC Edinburgh to be a different proposition on Thursday. We need to settle on a team who show the desired levels of commitment, as seen on Saturday, so minor tweaks only please.

Had the fear when I seen Currie back. No reason to worry. Outstanding display one of the best for years at Palmerston. Get Wilson signed up on a ten year contract. This guy is class. Every one on the pitch gave it all. 'Mon the South!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bagapapa View Post
    Had the fear when I seen Currie back. No reason to worry. Outstanding display one of the best for years at Palmerston. Get Wilson signed up on a ten year contract. This guy is class. Every one on the pitch gave it all. 'Mon the South!!!
    Hopefully this is us starting to fully click now. Another decent performance and result.
    Big Wilson was class again

A fabulous result once again and a real confidence booster for Currie.

Stating the obvious, - the team needs to maintain this level (which it can quite clearly attain) and move onwards and upwards. Unless Queen of the South are Edinburgh City's bogey team, - then Wullie has proved his doubters wrong, - but let's get a few more games under our belt before making that judgement.

All in all, - a huge well done to Wullie, his back room team, all the players and the BOD for backing him.

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    A fabulous result once again and a real confidence booster for Currie.

Stating the obvious, - the team needs to maintain this level (which it can quite clearly attain) and move onwards and upwards. Unless Queen of the South are Edinburgh City's bogey team, - then Wullie has proved his doubters wrong, - but let's get a few more games under our belt before making that judgement.

All in all, - a huge well done to Wullie, his back room team, all the players and the BOD for backing him.
    Jardi we are on a winning streak against one team, and not a very good team at that. Any win is a good result and I wouldn’t say queens are Edinburghs bogey team. The simple fact is queens are a far better side. But in terms of proving doubters wrong. For me he’s proven nothing as yet. When we are getting these results against the falkirks or Dunfermlines then he’s proven his doubters wrong. He’s changed it a bit, particularly with the introduction of Wilson and dropping Reilly who has done nothing as yet and has been a huge disappointment. Something a lot in the support has been shouting for yet it’s taken him a dozen games to realise this. So for me the jury is still out on the manager. So really he’s proven nothing as yet

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)