+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Queens Funeral

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Tha needs to travel more.
    No other country has influenced - and continues to influence - the 4 corners of the world as much as Britain.
    There's little point entering in to a debate with someone who by their own admission doesn't do critical thinking .

The UK allus does this pagentry stuff better than others. We seem to ev loads of men in military/ clerical uniform and horses that emerge for the day. Our colonial past provides a big audience.

Rest in Peace Elizabeth.

A cuddant help thinking all those older people must have stronger bladders than me. Ad be desperate forra p1ss after 90 mins.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 19-09-2022 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    The UK allus does this pagentry stuff better than others. We seem to ev loads of men in military/ clerical uniform and horses that emerge for the day. Our colonial past provides a big audience.

Rest in Peace Elizabeth.

A cuddant help thinking all those older people must have stronger bladders than me. Ad be desperate forra p1ss after 90 mins.
    I suspect SB without this sheer splendour of pageantry , colourful military in uniforms you just don't see anywhere else in the world , historic buildings filled with history the monarchy probably wouldn't survive .

Sad as an event as it is , we love this stuff don't we , even bloody Republicans like ourselves .

Luvved watching it Animal.

That slow marching to the drumbeat is mesmeric. Watched on Sky as there is less drivel and talking over what we can see for ourselves.

Name:  6EA0AFC9-CCC5-47C0-B3DB-4C72472786DD.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  18.0 KB

Top Class ❤
    I'd a tear in my eyes when the pipes and drums started playing ,
    Marvellous spectacle/event / pageantry , Historical , Britain should be proud , other countries look on with envy and jealousy , and so they should ,

May i also add most members of our forum have shown utmost respect to our late Queen , so a big thank you for not needlessly making comments as some have on the Dark side ! I'll leave it there ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Top Class ❤
    I'd a tear in my eyes when the pipes and drums started playing ,
    Marvellous spectacle/event / pageantry , Historical , Britain should be proud , other countries look on with envy and jealousy , and so they should ,
    Yep - definitely something about the pipes and drums.
    That’s why IMO the late Queens Mothers funeral was more impressive.
    YouTube the time when they bring her coffin out of the Cathedral - it’s one of the most amazing things I’ve evert seen ont tele.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    WE …. this little island of ours - is the centre of the world.
    End of - full stop - period.
    This especially applies to London.
    We are where 3 large circles meet - North American continent - Europe - The Commonwealth.

What we do matters.
    Others throughout the world are watching.
    For example - response to climate change - it doesn't matter how insignificant the amount of pollution we produce.
    How we respond to it - matters !!!
    Others are watching.

And may I say - this is one of the reasons I voted for Brexit.
    As a country we are too influential to be homogenised into a European blandness.
    You make a valid point Nudge. I was working out in Mexico City when Princess Diana died. After I'd got over the surprise of the newspaper headlines on the Sunday morning, I headed into work about 8.30 (14.30 UK time). I was absolutely astonished to see the main monument in the city absolutely full of bunches of flowers left by the locals. We don't realise how much interest populations of other countries take in us.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Rest in Peace Elizabeth.

Just my thought exactly SB. I'd be desperate for a pee as well, now there's a chill in the air lol.

I only watched the main funeral bit. It was outstanding and we really are superb at the pageantry. The late Queen deserved every bit of it today. I'm not a big royalist but I do think they have a positive effect on the country. I think it must in some ways have been very difficult for the Queen's close family to have gone through the last 10 days or so under the spotlight they've been under, whilst grieving their mother / grandmother. Hopefully they'll get a bit of time off now!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast