+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Queens Funeral

I’m not a big fan of the royals.
    But I understood their role a bit better after visiting parliament.

When the central lobby doors open - the head of state (now Charles) sat in the Lords - looks through the lobby directly at the speaker sat in the House of Commons.
    And there lies the balance of power.
    So in theory the UK could never be ruled by someone like Adolf Hitler.

BTW - anyone else seen on Twitter the New York Times attacking our royalty and Britain - and response to that from people like Andrew Neil ???
    Americans showing their green eyed monster.

It angered me the other night when I saw one of those unfunny cretins doing a US talk show. He was taking the mick and all the audience were just laughing at every word, like they are told to do of course!.

Some people just don't understand the meaning of and the value of, the word 'respect'. 😠

Quote Originally Posted by Arblasterfromthepast View Post
    I think it must in some ways have been very difficult for the Queen's close family to have gone through the last 10 days or so under the spotlight they've been under, whilst grieving their mother / grandmother. Hopefully they'll get a bit of time off now!
    It will have been hard for Charles and the family over the last ten days, evvin to grieve in public and meet and greet all and sundry, even though they were showing him respect and love.

On the other hand he doesn't have to do things like going straight back to work, get food in from the supermarket, plan, cook meals and wesh up, sort out his laundry, get the kids to school, deal with his mam's affairs, look after a remaining spouse now on their own and finding it difficult to cope, or maybe sort out her empty house and belongings. In many ways that is harder than the funeral itself because of all the memories it invokes.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 20-09-2022 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    It will have been hard for Charles and the family over the last ten days, evvin to grieve in public and meet and greet all and sundry, even though they were showing him respect and love.

On the other hand he doesn't have to do things like going straight back to work, get food in from the supermarket, plan, cook meals and wesh up, sort out his laundry, get the kids to school, deal with his mam's affairs, look after a remaining spouse now on their own and finding it difficult to cope, or maybe sort out her empty house and belongings. In many ways that is harder than the funeral itself because of all the memories it invokes.
    That is true SB. I suppose I was just reflecting on when my dad died. I did go into work but wasn't up to speaking about it the way that he has had to. Very true that the sorting out, of which I did the majority, is not easy either so, as you say, he'll have an easier time than most with that part.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123