+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Funeral

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Absolutely fantastic and riveting viewing.Enjoying every minute.We Brits know how to do things properly.
    GSTK..
    It seems to me Alf the woke and the Royal haters , got us all wrong again, the royal reign and public interest is alive and kicking and imo anyway stronger than before , long live the King.

It was a spectacle to behold - you had to see it to believe it - Queen Elizabeth was obviously loved a lot more than many thought.

What a send off it was.

That happens with any Monarch BT you are told that when you sign the contract , that on the death of the Monarch you will no longer be needed unless the new Monarch decides you are

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    That happens with any Monarch BT you are told that when you sign the contract , that on the death of the Monarch you will no longer be needed unless the new Monarch decides you are
    Still a kick in the bollox though army88, especially when Brenda was still warm.

And The Clarence House staff had nowt to do with Brenda.
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 20-09-2022 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Still a kick in the bollox though army88, especially when Brenda was still warm.

And The Clarence House staff had nowt to do with Brenda.
    I know BT , the flip side is Charles would have to P45 all his existing staff , it’s crap I know but just the way it is.

I know BT , the flip side is Charles would have to P45 all his existing staff , it’s crap I know but just the way it is.
    Loyalty and Royalty eh army88.

What amazed me was to find out between Clarence House and Windsor there were 450 staff employed in total. WTF did they do all day?

It turns out Charlie Boy employs one butler and three "dressers".

I have only ever seen Windsor Castle from the A30 but OMG what a privilege it must have been to live there. The TV pictures were absolutely amazing, next time I'm down south I'm going in for a proper gander.

Loyalty and Royalty eh army88.

What amazed me was to find out between Clarence House and Windsor there were 450 staff employed in total. WTF did they do all day?

It turns out Charlie Boy employs one butler and three "dressers".

I have only ever seen Windsor Castle from the A30 but OMG what a privilege it must have been to live there. The TV pictures were absolutely amazing, next time I'm down south I'm going in for a proper gander.
    BT, I am really surprised that you would wish to visit Windsor Castle, I would have thought that you would have been urging its sale to raise money for the homeless, the Palestinians, the redundant staff at Clarence House, the campaign to rid the Labour Party of Sir Keir Starmer etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    A fantastic event, celebrating a wonderful queen, I enjoyed watching it all.

I was confused about the uniform / morning suite issue. What I do not understand is how the two royals who had served in a time of conflict were not allowed to wear their military uniforms while some others, who only held honorary rank were allowed to wear military uniform.
    I read somewhere that only the Royal Family are allowed to wear full military uniform after their period of service has ended, so as the ginger sh1t has voluntarily terminated his membership of the Royal Family he's also lost that privilege. No doubt exceptions could have been made and silly buggers are being played, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.

We don't know how to do the right thing though Alfie - do we?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...c3d224f9f3d318
    Leaning on Piers Morgan for support now eh mon ami ? Ah well, desperate times call for desperate measures I suppose, but you really are scraping the barrel.

It seems to me Alf the woke and the Royal haters , got us all wrong again, the royal reign and public interest is alive and kicking and imo anyway stronger than before , long live the King.

It was a spectacle to behold - you had to see it to believe it - Queen Elizabeth was obviously loved a lot more than many thought.

What a send off it was.
    Well said army, there is another period of mourning commencing now, for Republicanism, The great British public have just interred that, if not for ever, for the next 50 years at least.

Republicanism, dead and buried along with our late, great Queen Elizabeth. RIP the both of you.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I read somewhere that only the Royal Family are allowed to wear full military uniform after their period of service has ended, so as the ginger sh1t has voluntarily terminated his membership of the Royal Family he's also lost that privilege. No doubt exceptions could have been made and silly buggers are being played, but I'm not losing any sleep over it.
    I was led to believe that anyone who had served in the military could request to use their no2 dress uniform for attending event such as wedding and funerals. I am not sure of this but perhaps someone who has served in the armed services could give a definitive answer.

Although Harry is no longer a working royal, he was the Queens grandson and as such a member of the royal family.
    Last edited by Vintage Claret; 20-09-2022 at 08:27 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)