+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Queens Funeral

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    We now have a vindictive head of state V_C, all of the Clarence House staff have already been given redundancy notices and the 300-household staff who were bowing and curtseying on the lawns of Windsor get their P45's on Friday.
    You've been whining about the cost of the monarchy since you were in nappies mon ami, if you want to slim down, or abolish the monarchy, then people are going to be made redundant, it's inevitable, actions have consequences. So King Charles attempts to slim down the monarchy, reduce the costs, and off you go whining again.

Do you want a slimmed down monarchy or not, do you want costs reducing or not ? Once again, like a typical Lefty, you haven't really thought it through have you ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You've been whining about the cost of the monarchy since you were in nappies mon ami, if you want to slim down, or abolish the monarchy, then people are going to be made redundant, it's inevitable, actions have consequences. So King Charles attempts to slim down the monarchy, reduce the costs, and off you go whining again.

Do you want a slimmed down monarchy or not, do you want costs reducing or not ? Once again, like a typical Lefty, you haven't really thought it through have you ?
    Time and a place for everything mon ami. Whilst their previous employer was still warm was not the right time to be making her staff redundant IMHO.

It looks to me like the "Commonwealth is doomed to the knacker's yard and could Wales be leaving the Union sometime soon?

The Queen engendered a certain loyalty from her subjects that I don't think Charlie boy will ever match.

Time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I was led to believe that anyone who had served in the military could request to use their no2 dress uniform for attending event such as wedding and funerals. I am not sure of this but perhaps someone who has served in the armed services could give a definitive answer.

Although Harry is no longer a working royal, he was the Queens grandson and as such a member of the royal family.
    I'm sure you know as much about it, or more, than I do VC. Seems to me that Harry would have been wearing full uniform if the King had so wished it, but as Harry has decided to try and make money out of his royal status without any of the work or responsibilities involved, Charles has played hard ball with him. Fair enough, no one in the Royal Family asked Harry to leave, it was entirely his own decision, with possibly some nudging from his wife as well, he's made his bed, now he can lie in it.

I'm sure you know as much about it, or more, than I do VC. Seems to me that Harry would have been wearing full uniform if the King had so wished it, but as Harry has decided to try and make money out of his royal status without any of the work or responsibilities involved, Charles has played hard ball with him. Fair enough, no one in the Royal Family asked Harry to leave, it was entirely his own decision, with possibly some nudging from his wife as well, he's made his bed, now he can lie in it.
    It was his nan's funeral sinkov, surely Charlie Boy need not have shown what a vindictive cnut he really is.

Apart from pi$$ing on his brother Andrew in open view he could not have shown much less disdain for the serial shagger either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It was his nan's funeral sinkov, surely Charlie Boy need not have shown what a vindictive cnut he really is.

Apart from pi$$ing on his brother Andrew in open view he could not have shown much less disdain for the serial shagger either.
    Off you go again, you've spent years posting photos of Harry in full dress uniform and disparaging him. Now you want him to be wearing that uniform. Get yourself checked mon ami, such confusion can be an early warning sign of dementia, although I expect it's not, such confusion is more the sign of a Lefty, in full Loony mode.

I have to agree with you Sinkov, had Charles so chosen Harry would have been in military uniform.

The question first arose over the funeral of Prince Philip, but our wonderful Quenn decreed that none of them should wear military uniform, in doing so she did not divide her family.

I am coming to the opinion that the only person King Charles really cares for his himself. He puts on a good show for the public, but I believe that he is totally egotistical. Most normal parents will move heaven and earth for their children and grandchildren, but I cannot see that happening with Charles.

I have no idea why Harry decided to start a new life in the USA, but there does appear to be some friction within that family. The Queen however was his grandmother and like most grandparent it is reported that she had an exceptionally good relationship with Harry, while Andrew was reportedly her favourite son, so perhaps this was why Charles was as you put it playing hard ball with them as BT indicated a degree of Vindictiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    I have to agree with you Sinkov, had Charles so chosen Harry would have been in military uniform.

The question first arose over the funeral of Prince Philip, but our wonderful Quenn decreed that none of them should wear military uniform, in doing so she did not divide her family.

I am coming to the opinion that the only person King Charles really cares for his himself. He puts on a good show for the public, but I believe that he is totally egotistical. Most normal parents will move heaven and earth for their children and grandchildren, but I cannot see that happening with Charles.

I have no idea why Harry decided to start a new life in the USA, but there does appear to be some friction within that family. The Queen however was his grandmother and like most grandparent it is reported that she had an exceptionally good relationship with Harry, while Andrew was reportedly her favourite son, so perhaps this was why Charles was as you put it playing hard ball with them as BT indicated a degree of Vindictiveness.
    Come on gents he stopped him doing because it was the better of two evils , there would have been a public outcry if Harry had been allowed, even now the slander and rubbish his wife makes up is waiting to go to
    Press and be aired to the public( the next episode that is ) , I’ve read Megan is trying desperately to retract some
    of her comments in the view of the Queens sad passing.

If Harry really cared about the Royal family and his position he wouldn’t let her do/ say these things she has and is doing - So I think
    It was easier for Charles to say to him , things are bad enough we don’t need any more un rest from the press or public.

Let's simplify the whole issue of uniform or not. Charles stuck with the Royal protocol, as followed by his mother, in that non-working Royals are not allowed to wear uniforms and have had to relinquish their honorary military titles.
    Had Charles gone against this ruling it would have opened the door for the media to go OTT as they always do and many of the public would have followed suit. Harry has chosen to move abroad and has ceased to be a working Royal, whilst Andrew, who has not been found guilty of any offence and is able to wander around freely, was withdrawn from his role as a working Royal by his mother, probably as much to save him from further harrassment rather than any other reason.

I served 23 years and had to hand in all my 6 uniforms when I left and nothing has changed, although I do know a few who managed to keep items and others who have since bought second-hand uniforms on various sites.

Let's face it, there is only one family in the whole of the United Kingdom that is constantly under scrutiny and Charles has played to the rules but is now accused of vindictiveness, even though he did allow both Harry and Andrew to don their uniforms when they kept vigil in Westminster Hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Let's simplify the whole issue of uniform or not. Charles stuck with the Royal protocol, as followed by his mother, in that non-working Royals are not allowed to wear uniforms and have had to relinquish their honorary military titles.
    Had Charles gone against this ruling it would have opened the door for the media to go OTT as they always do and many of the public would have followed suit. Harry has chosen to move abroad and has ceased to be a working Royal, whilst Andrew, who has not been found guilty of any offence and is able to wander around freely, was withdrawn from his role as a working Royal by his mother, probably as much to save him from further harrassment rather than any other reason.

I served 23 years and had to hand in all my 6 uniforms when I left and nothing has changed, although I do know a few who managed to keep items and others who have since bought second-hand uniforms on various sites.

Let's face it, there is only one family in the whole of the United Kingdom that is constantly under scrutiny and Charles has played to the rules but is now accused of vindictiveness, even though he did allow both Harry and Andrew to don their uniforms when they kept vigil in Westminster Hall.
    Once again Supersub in a world full of confusion you sound the voice of reason. Long may it continue. Are we still allowed to say that?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

Trouble was Supersub6 the Queen was dead. Charles could have set his own protocol, but he refused to do so.

One thing looks deathly certain, Harry and Andrew had better start writing "tell-all" books for a living otherwise they will be skint.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)