+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No UK trade deal with America in at least the short and medium term

No UK trade deal with America in at least the short and medium term

Biden is one of lots of Americans who, if they can find any sign of a Northern Ireland or Eire heritage in their family tree going back numerous generations, will cling to it. Anyone negatively affecting Northern Ireland or Eire cannot be popular with an American who has such heritage.

The UK Conservative government has made an incredibly horrible mess of the Northern Ireland Protocol, thus p­issing off Northern Ireland, Eire and the EU.

So it is no surprise that an American president, whose great great grandfather was born in Ballina, Eire in 1832 makes much of it. It is this heritage and the UK government's incredibly poor handling of the Northern Ireland Protocol that has caused the refusal of the Biden presidency to contemplate a UK trade deal with America. Even when the Biden presidency is over it is quite likely that the next president may have either Eire or Northern Ireland heritage somewhere in his her history. There seems to be little chance of pleasing anyone in the whole of geographical Ireland, regarding the Northern Ireland Protocol.

This is yet another substantial blow against a Conservative government that was already limping towards the next General Election.

I think the Conservatives, if they get it right now, will storm an election. As for the Irish, independance for the UK means that, and all that entails, namely we can do what the fk we want.

As for Ireland generally, most over here in the east, wish Cromwell had done a more thorough job. Talk about a pain in the a ss. Remarkably, Ieleand has no defences, there is an agreement that Britian will defend it.

Any attacker, if they talk to the British government first, may learn that as long as they dont attack Britain, Britain may turn a blind eye, or turn up late.

I grew up in South Street, in 1964, i watched the news even as a seven year old, about Britain going down the tubes economically, and the Irish war.....every night.

Fk Ireland.

Depending upon who / where you are 'Ireland' is ambiguous. So does your 'f­uck Ireland' mean :-

f­uck Northern Ireland
    f­uck Eire / Republic Of Ireland
    f­uck the entire geographical island of Ireland

There are two categories of electoral prospects for the Conservatives.
    If a General Election is called this year the Conservatives will be soundly beaten.
    If a General Election is called in Autumn 2024 the Conservatives will be all but wiped out.

If I was Chief Strategist of the Conservatives I would strongly advise them to call a General Election this year before the economy and the weather both further deteriorate.

I think this is a clever move by the PM - we are not expecting a trade deal so butt out of NI.

Indeed, this Conservative government getting Northern Ireland, The Republic Of Ireland, The European Union and America p­issed off is clearly an indication that policies at the summit of sheer genius are being implemented.

P iss them off in spades. Politically Britain should declare independence from Ireland including the north. Let them sort it out for themselves. Eire will lose.

One more british life lost in regards to the above is going too far. Mind you, Eire will get the north eventually through the ballot box, and good riddance.

Everyone bows to democracy, the sooner the better. And instead of making a living from making butter, the industrial north will pump up the souths coffers, thanks to britain.

Your general concept that the UK should do what is in its own selfish interests the whole time, without considering the consequences is incredibly naive. The UK is no Super Power that can act in such a manner. There are consequences of behaviour, especially when breaking international law. Obviously you do not believe that the UK should obey any international law that it dislikes. The problem is that the UK can be punished. Even without it being punished there would subsequently be no case for the UK to complain about any other country breaking international law.

The UK needs to trade with the EU and America. That necessitates not p­issing them both off.

You are a latter-day Alf Garnett who has simplistic opinions on matters without taking into account the likely damage that the implementation of such ideas would do. "Sod 'em all, we will send in a gunboat" is somewhat outdated.

The International law you are referring too is the human rights treaty, that, without pulling punches, allows unbridled immigration into this country, as per the channel. Ca i have your views on that chuck?

Britain does need to be more assertive, to be able to have boundaries. Can i have your view on that.?

Assertiveness on a personal basis means that communication of your own needs in any situation is needed. And so it is in International law. You cant have whatever taking this country to the cleaners, as Europe has done since we joined.

If we dont like it, yes we can tell whoever to p iss off. You will find in individuals who are not assertive, and then become assertive, that things kick off big time.

Whoever was taking advantage becomes outraged. Over time the new arrangement becomes normal.

Someone once said that if you cant describe complex ideas to a six year old, you dont understand it yourself. Do you understand what im saying? I hope so, it is simplistic and clear. But complex also.

Truss is in America, and is going to tell Biden to fck off. Truss will get round to France. And save the fishing industry.

I hope that is simplistic enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Psaw View Post
    The International law you are referring too is the human rights treaty, that, without pulling punches, allows unbridled immigration into this country, as per the channel.
    No, you are completely wrong. I am not referring to that, which is purely a European Court Of Human Rights piece of legislation. Just for further guidance about that it is a body which has nothing to do with the European Union.

So, I am referring to International Law applicable worldwide. I actually did use the term International Law, which you should have recognised rather than making your substantial mistake. The context of this is Eire and Northern Ireland and the proposed braking of the Northern Ireland Protocol, which is governed by International Law.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 21-09-2022 at 05:55 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)