+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Aggro In Leicester?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Aggro In Leicester?

Listening to the radio today and was surprised to hear how bad it’s been between the Indians and Pakistanis.

Back in the 80’s and 90’s I worked a lot in and around inner city Wolverhampton and Birmingham and I was struck on just how much they despised each other.

This “expert” on Leicester’s troubles was saying that the mainly younger generation who are involved in this recent violence won’t listen to the “elders”, times have changed and they lack the respect they once had for their community leaders.

This guy was also saying that an influx of other immigrants 5-7 years ago had also brought greater tension to the area, he didn’t want to elaborate on what nationality these more recent arrivals were.

I was surprised to hear of this happening in Leicester as it’s probably been a real shining light of multiculturalism in this country over the past 60 years.

No surprise about the lack of respect at youth level though, this is something that purveys our society in general these days.

At the old address we lived next door to a young Indian couple, unfortunately she was off out with the girls while he was on night shifts. They split up soon after.
    A young white couple moved in both teachers, but they moved and he died shortly after.
    Then another Indian family moved in. They were lovely people, they used to have us around for drinks. They had two grown up children living with them, she was a doctor and he a chartered accountant.
    Manjit and I used to talk in the front room with some whisky while the women talked in the kitchen. One thing Manjit told me was that he couldn't stand Pakistani's and their ways. The Indian who had the local shop told me the same.
    We decided to downscale and put the house up for sale. It went in one week, unfortunately to a Pakistani family. I often wonder how they got on. The people who bought the house weren't very nice but Indians were the best neighbour we have had.
    All down to bloody religious nonsense again. The world would be a better place without it

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    At the old address we lived next door to a young Indian couple, unfortunately she was off out with the girls while he was on night shifts. They split up soon after.
    A young white couple moved in both teachers, but they moved and he died shortly after.
    Then another Indian family moved in. They were lovely people, they used to have us around for drinks. They had two grown up children living with them, she was a doctor and he a chartered accountant.
    Manjit and I used to talk in the front room with some whisky while the women talked in the kitchen. One thing Manjit told me was that he couldn't stand Pakistani's and their ways. The Indian who had the local shop told me the same.
    We decided to downscale and put the house up for sale. It went in one week, unfortunately to a Pakistani family. I often wonder how they got on. The people who bought the house weren't very nice but Indians were the best neighbour we have had.
    All down to bloody religious nonsense again. The world would be a better place without it
    You need also check out the ruling power that vacated the Indian continent that brought about the modern day tensions. Not always just the easy headline reason...religion.
    But that a whole other ball game.

In 1968 I went to work at the Rover factory in Solihull and I was told that they never mixed Indians and Pakistanis on the same production line because they refused to work together. Times don’t seem to have changed much in that respect; I have often found that there is more racism amongst our ethnic friends than there is between them and white people.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    In 1968 I went to work at the Rover factory in Solihull and I was told that they never mixed Indians and Pakistanis on the same production line because they refused to work together. Times don’t seem to have changed much in that respect; I have often found that there is more racism amongst our ethnic friends than there is between them and white people.
    That's the problem with the pre-dominantly white/black narrative we are constantly sold on racism.Certainly this exists but racism can be found in groups of all colours whether it be based on "colourism ," or on ethnic or religious lines.

As for India v Pakistan antipathy, this likely goes back to Partition in 1947 when Muslims struggled to get North into Pakistan and Hindus and Sikhs tried to get South into India. Millions were involved in these mass migrations and got caught up in the violence and rioting that independence in the form of partition caused. Of course, there had always been conflict between these religious groups beforehand (as there sadly is now in parts of India) but Partition brought it to a head. Religion has a lot to answer for.

It’s a centuries old hatred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    You need also check out the ruling power that vacated the Indian continent that brought about the modern day tensions. Not always just the easy headline reason...religion.
    But that a whole other ball game.
    All religion is a cause for conflict, it has been since it was invented. People choose a corner and defend it. The whole thing is built on ignorance. Catholic, Protestant, Muslim, Jewish.
    In England we even have divisions between church and chapel, Methodist and Baptist. The whole thing was invented to control people.
    Christianity is dying, most the churches are closing as congregations shrink. Sy George's in Wolverhampton got far more people into it when it became Sainsbury's.

I had a lot of Asian customers who I got friendly with back in the day.

They were absolutely scathing about the Pakistani’s.

If a Pakistani opened a shop in their locality they’d warn me not to open with them or they’d close their account with the company I represented.

In general I got on very well with my Indian customers, I found them to be very well organised and pleasant to deal with but generally, TVs Pakistani lot were much harder work and more aggressive.

No idea if this is a general thing or whether I was just unlucky?

If it wasn't religion it would be something else to set us against each other, tribalism - we stick to what we know (mostly) and often out of ignorance display antipathy to opposition however it manifests.

The youth are in my view even more easily swayed because algorithms on social media push content towards them based on their preferences which serves to reinforce religious or political viewpoints and a lot of them are not switched on enough to realise it or are too lazy to look beyond the bubble(s).

The aggro is Leicester is caused wholly by the Hindu RSS who are the right wing for the ruling BJP party

I have posted a few things about Modi before but ..
    Since Narendra Modi took over as PM in India he has been pushing the narrative that India (Hindustan) is for the Hindus first (sound familiar)

The RSS are an extreme right wing organisation who have grown massively over the last decade and style themselves on Hitler / Mussolini

Modi has been trying to divert water from the Sikh homeland of Punjab which is the bread basket of India as well as reduce prices and subsidies for crops, he did end up doing a U turn on this but still did get some changes in his favour just not to the extreme he first proposed, but hey if you want something and you ask for double and end up agreeing on half you kind of got what you wanted right ??

The internal media in India have pretty much been censored and also threatened to run a certain narrative
    Hate crime against minorities has risen significantly and they are being blamed for all issues within India

Modi has previous and this is his MO as he was previously chief minister for a large state called Gujrat which is primarily Hindu and Muslim stoked up tensions to such a degree there were days of rioting and many lives lost

India actually need some sort of togetherness in order to overtake China as the worlds biggest economy and they have a chance of being incredibly powerful in years from now as they have a much younger population that China and some great ingenuity but there are external stakeholders who really don’t want China and India to get bigger (mainly USA)
    The NRI (non residents of India) in the USA are very supportive of the pro Hindu narrative and the Western media seems to not report what is actually happening in India it’s amazing really

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)