+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Kane to wear another type of armband at World Cup

I find it funny that the ones most likely to call others snowflakes are the ones that get uppity about something that has no impact of their lives whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    What I have a problem with is is instead of displaying token ,virtue signalling gestures, back your alleged beliefs of conviction by boycotting the whole competition.After all,progress was never made without true sacrifice. Thats why we still live in a free country and that's why we wear a poppy.
    He knows this he’s just getting in your face has usual, don’t waste your time

I said at the time they qualified that England should pull out to stand for what is happening there but no they think these little protest are enough.

Yes I’ll be watching the England games so maybe I’m an hypocrite too but I certainly won’t be in that country or state whatever it is

If a team was going to boycott, they would need to do it as close to start of world cup as possible when the world media is focused on the event, any earlier and it would be talked about for a few days whilst other countries argue among themselves as who gets to replace us in the tournament.

If England pulled out on day one FIFA would ban us from all competitions for years, such is their hatred towards us.

Why do you think we haven’t held another World Cup for 56 years whilst some countries have held it twice in that time.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Thanks Jimmy for giving us all the opportunity to repeat the same old lines. The board very much needed it.
    I'm sorry but I need to vent my frustrations somewhere! I feel better now so thank you to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Another meaningless gesture for the sheep to follow
    spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    What I have a problem with is is instead of displaying token ,virtue signalling gestures, back your alleged beliefs of conviction by boycotting the whole competition.After all,progress was never made without true sacrifice. Thats why we still live in a free country and that's why we wear a poppy.
    Well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sure, it may not achieve much in Qatar, but I find it hilarious you folks have such a problem with it.

Do you disagree with the messaging?

Displaying poppies doesn't achieve anything, but no problems expressed with that.

Are poppy wearers sheep?
    I think the Royal British Legion would disagree.
    People wearing poppies shows respect for those who fought in wars AND generates a lot of much needed revenue.
    Wearing a fancy armband in a football tournament is merely another hollow gesture.

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    Sure, it may not achieve much in Qatar, but I find it hilarious you folks have such a problem with it.

Do you disagree with the messaging?

Displaying poppies doesn't achieve anything, but no problems expressed with that.

Are poppy wearers sheep?
    Go away and come back when you've achieved something in life.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast