+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rosenior relieved...

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Pleased that Rosenior is staying as coach. The move from the club does make sense to me and we should remember that LR was never made anything more than ‘interim manager’. If it had worked out perfectly then great...but it didn’t...we’ve got off to a decent start and there’s still a very long way to go but there’s also been a hell of a lot of criticism from fans thus far.
    Hopefully Warne and Rosenior can get on and learn from each other...the former about the strengths and weaknesses of the squad he will have at least until January, and the latter about the tough reality of succeeding in L1 and starting to win away.
    Personally I’m optimistic and pleased that it seems to have been handled well and at an appropriate ‘pause’ in the season.
    I too am pleased he’s at least being given the chance to stay on, if he goes he’ll do so with my/our thanks I’m sure. BUT if LRs choice of style of play is a philosophical rather than pragmatic one, he won’t want to stay if DW’s style is philosophically different. Regarding the whole deal, Clowes has saved us and God bless him for that but this shows he’s not just a fan having a dabble but has his business head on

Here's another link with both pages of the minutes.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...94057962729934

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Here's another link with both pages of the minutes.....

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=...94057962729934
    Good reading, and at least parks a niggling concern that any decision may have been as a result of a few terrace moans.

According to the Rotherham site, which seems very disappointed but oddly lacking in recrimination, to see Warne go, he is bringing his staff (Ritchie Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington) with him. Probably a good thing although it could be awkward for LR.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    According to the Rotherham site, which seems very disappointed but oddly lacking in recrimination, to see Warne go, he is bringing his staff (Ritchie Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington) with him. Probably a good thing although it could be awkward for LR.
    In the short term, at least, he can clue Warne in on the players and also be a bridge between the old and the new. Whether Warne is happy with LR being there long term is an important question, however, it is not beyond the possible that his staying, if he wants to, may have been one of the conditions Clowes has put in there......

Good reading apart from the fact Stephen Pearce is mentioned as present, surely he has to burden a good portion of the responsibility for what's happened in recent years and move on

Exactly, someone so willing to go ahead with and ultimately sign off dubious or unorthadox financial practices which could and nearly did bring the clubs existence to an end surely he has to take some blame, in actual fact I'm surprised he didn't resign once he'd finished helping quantuma

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Exactly, someone so willing to go ahead with and ultimately sign off dubious or unorthadox financial practices which could and nearly did bring the clubs existence to an end surely he has to take some blame, in actual fact I'm surprised he didn't resign once he'd finished helping quantuma
    You surely remember as a kid how hard it was to scrape dog **** off your shoes? it's a bit like that I think

A potential bit of bad news for those wanting an end to the tippy tappy era, ok it’s only the under 21s but they are still at it - 17 passes within 10 yards of our own area, closed down, one bad pass upfield and the balls just played straight through the boys 1-0 QPR. Maybe we’ve got another 4 years of it…

He's totally relieved now

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)