+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rosenior relieved...

Rosenior relieved...

So who’s next. Paul Warne seems favourite but we are one of a number of clubs after him?
    Suggestions? Was Rosenior given long enough? Thoughts?

Interesting. I say that he needed longer to be assessed properly, but maybe Clowes always had other thoughts? Or maybe he has asked to step back into a coaching role, perhaps being a manager is not for him?

The Rotherham guy, Warne is the favourite, never heard of him but has done well so far with them.

My thoughts haven't changed since the discussion about "tippy tappy" football, I think its not the way to get out of League 1, and although at the weekend I did see Rosenior change things and make some tellng substitutions, in other games he has generally not been able to do that.

Anyway its never dull at Derby and we wait and see who comes in.

I may be proven wrong, as usual, but Warne doesn't appeal. I presume LR will still be interim pending a new appointment.

He just starts to get it right on the field and he's moved..... should have had more time.

Who will be our 20th manager since 2000?

The fact that he was "interim" suggests that this was always a known possibility for Liam, and it's likely that Clowes always planned to find his own man... So no surprise to me.
    I don't mind, but I think Liam can move on with his head held high, he leaves us in a good place... I'll put it out there that if Rooney was here, we'd be bottom half.

I felt that he may not last until mid October but I'm surprised that he's been relieved at this time. 7th in the table after having barely half a team just weeks before the season started with EFL restrictions in place can't be bad! He can certainly hold his head up high. We'll done and thanks.

I imagine Rosenior will be disappointed and may feel that having been hugely instrumental in building a "last minute" squad, he hasn't been given more time to prove himself worthy of the job permanently. He's been offered a coaching role if he wants to stay on at the club. However it would appear that Warne is a done deal, but will he want any of the current coaching staff ?

Whilst I didn't see the tippy tappy football the way forward at this level I feel a tad disappointed for him, he's shown total commitment to the cause and has done well despite all the restrictions. I hope he stays at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I may be proven wrong, as usual, but Warne doesn't appeal. I presume LR will still be interim pending a new appointment.

He just starts to get it right on the field and he's moved..... should have had more time.

Who will be our 20th manager since 2000?
    I guess he has a track record of managing in League 1 and getting promotion which kind of fits the bill? Not sure he is starting to get it right - we still haven't won away, albeit was encouraging last saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Whilst I didn't see the tippy tappy football the way forward at this level I feel a tad disappointed for him, he's shown total commitment to the cause and has done well despite all the restrictions. I hope he stays at the club.
    Agree with that. I’d like to think he can stay at the club as a coach. Some make better coaches than managers and there’s no disgrace in that.

Both BBC and DT suggesting this morning that it’s deal done for Paul Warne to come to Derby.
    Can’t say I know much about him other than he’s been good at winning promotion from L1...before overseeing immediate relegation back there.
    Hopefully with us being a ‘bigger club’ than Rotherham he’ll be able to maintain his reputation for winning promotion and then stand more chance of building on any such success.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)