+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement Manager….now needed

I can't be bothered to trawl back through all the posts so apologies if this has already been mentioned but do we know how many jobs the club is actually interviewing for?
    Obviously I know we lost 4 people to Derby but could it be that we are just looking to appoint a manager and an assistant with the first team coach being selected from within (Peltier?) and Billy Mercer given a permanent position?
    If that is the case it would probably make sense but may not suit some of the applicants who may well want to appoint their own team.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Is this a Rotherham United site or a Derby County site, what is it with this obsession with Warne and Derby. He has gone, left with all our key staff, he gave us great times but forget him, he can now manage his 150 staff rather than 10 (as stated in his interview) and Derby will see if he is as good at that. We don't obsess about Evans at Stevenage, take Derby discussions to Derby site, this thread is about ROTHERHAM UNITEDS replacement manager.
    Who are you to tell me who and what I can chat about. Jog on you muppet

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I can't be bothered to trawl back through all the posts so apologies if this has already been mentioned but do we know how many jobs the club is actually interviewing for?
    Obviously I know we lost 4 people to Derby but could it be that we are just looking to appoint a manager and an assistant with the first team coach being selected from within (Peltier?) and Billy Mercer given a permanent position?
    If that is the case it would probably make sense but may not suit some of the applicants who may well want to appoint their own team.
    That's a good point, mellow. I assume (assume being the word) that we are simply interviewing for a manager as these days they usually want to bring other staff with them. If we appoint someone not in post then I assume again that we'll use some of our staff and let the new manager have a say in bringing people in over the next weeks or so.

Is this a Rotherham United site or a Derby County site, what is it with this obsession with Warne and Derby. He has gone, left with all our key staff, he gave us great times but forget him, he can now manage his 150 staff rather than 10 (as stated in his interview) and Derby will see if he is as good at that. We don't obsess about Evans at Stevenage, take Derby discussions to Derby site, this thread is about ROTHERHAM UNITEDS replacement manager.
    Good grief, it's all about context, and the context of talking about Warne and Derby on this thread is "will they have access to our better players in January?" I'd say that question feeds into talk about what the new manager will have available to work with etc.

Finer points are completely missed by some folk. If there was a thread entitled "How do we think Warne will fare at Derby" then you'd probably have to join the queue to shoot down the poster!
    Last edited by Redshank; 30-09-2022 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post
    Good grief, it's all about context, and the context of talking about Warne and Derby on this thread is "will they have access to our better players in January?" I'd say that question feeds into talk about what the new manager will have available to work with etc.

Finer points are completely missed by some posters
    That is a good point. I like Derby but I feel he was a bit off with his comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I doubt Mercer will be permanent unless he’s had enough of following Dyche round
    Good on him to offer us help though

It’ll take longer now with all them interested in ours will be looking at other clubs who keep sacking their managers ffs

Do I wear a suit or tracksuit in dugout?

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    It’ll take longer now with all them interested in ours will be looking at other clubs who keep sacking their managers ffs

Do I wear a suit or tracksuit in dugout?
    A red mankini would be different.

Quote Originally Posted by Redshank View Post

Finer points are completely missed by some folk. If there was a thread entitled "How do we think Warne will fare at Derby" then you'd probably have to join the queue to shoot down the poster!
    I haven't missed the point at all, why do we as Rotherham fans care whether warne has more to play with in January? Regarding coming in for our better players, he can join the queue, we already know that Barlasar, Wiles and Ogbene are wanted by other clubs, Championship clubs with bigger budgets than Derby, they will be a bigger threat to us keeping them to the end of the season.

I haven't missed the point at all, why do we as Rotherham fans care whether warne has more to play with in January? Regarding coming in for our better players, he can join the queue, we already know that Barlasar, Wiles and Ogbene are wanted by other clubs, Championship clubs with bigger budgets than Derby, they will be a bigger threat to us keeping them to the end of the season.

And Warne might not be Derby manager in January

Page 47 of 50 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast