+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Replacement Manager….now needed

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    I think Graham Alexander is worth a shout. He's only 50 so can still be considered young. He's got management experience but not exactly "been around the block."
    He's never really failed at a club either. Sacked by Fleetwood after getting promotion with them but a poor start to following season (sacked in September so not given a lot of time). Sacked by Scunny when they were 5th in the League One table (I bet they dream of those days now!) then sacked by Salford after getting them promoted from Conference and getting to EFL trophy final (game cancelled by Covid). He was sacked at a time when the team were undefeated and 5th in table.
    He turned things round at Motherwell and they qualified for Europa Conference League although his time there ended when they lost to Sligo Wanderers.
    He's not in a job at the minute so wouldn't need to pay any compo.
    I'd certainly prefer him over Artell, Holden and Ainsworth
    "Sacked" features an awful lot in this post 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    "Sacked" features an awful lot in this post 樂
    Could only one missing who was sacked, Father Christmas

Marty Taylor is now odds on favourite with Sky Bet

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Marty Taylor is now odds on favourite with Sky Bet
    Matt, Matty and now Marty Taylor. Perhaps Tony is just looking for a new suit?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    "Sacked" features an awful lot in this post ��
    Unfairly it would seem.

So I suppose this could mean that he's a trouble maker behind the scenes because it seems odd that somebody would be sacked when his team are unbeaten and 5th in the table. Or it could just mean that Scunny's chairman and Gary Neville aren't very good bosses. Neville even admitted that it was the worst decision he's made

I'm guessing it's more to do with his personality rather than his ability to manage.

Can't knock his ability to manage.
    His AVG win ration is better than Steve Evans and his worst ratio at any 1 club is better than warnes for us

Well if Matty Taylor does get the job sounds like he is happy to fall out with folks. He is not a warney nice guy type. Sounds like he is good with young players though.

He also has a resemblance to Stubbs though he does seems to value Exeter fans which is more than what stubbs did in relation to us.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 29-09-2022 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekProsser(East Anglia) View Post
    Unfairly it would seem.

So I suppose this could mean that he's a trouble maker behind the scenes because it seems odd that somebody would be sacked when his team are unbeaten and 5th in the table. Or it could just mean that Scunny's chairman and Gary Neville aren't very good bosses. Neville even admitted that it was the worst decision he's made
    Quite possibly.
    S****horpe has been a shambles of a club for a few years (this is the opinion of a friend of mine who is a long-standing season ticket holder there) and there was general bemusement when Gary Neville decided to get rid of him.
    I haven't seen his name linked with us though......or not yet anyway!

The club don't need to name the candidates but we should be told how many have been interviewed because the fans are getting rather angry with the negativity that we are seeing.

Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast