+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Club statement just released

Good human being my arse.
    Hope he fails miserably

He will get found out very quickly at Derby. All you lot saying how good a manager he is will also now see just how bad tactically he really is. Personally I am glad to see him go as he is not Championship material. Cant fault him for the effort and hard work he has put into the club and I wish him well for the future but League 1 is his place.

You may be right. I'm completely baffled why he's gone to Derby. Short term gain over long term gain I suppose. Not like him at all, I would hope.

He will be able to retire for life after his time there ?

My thoughts the media keeps pushing 3 promotions but when all said and done Three Relegations. I don't blame Warney and his team for leaving can you imagine what is Running through their minds when TS says no funds for new players wait for freebies and loanees and cheapie. Warny would have been thinking here we go again. Then Derby steps in New owners, New better standard of players,and more Cash in their pockets for themselves and a bigger budget for new recruits good move Mr Warne.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    My thoughts the media keeps pushing 3 promotions but when all said and done Three Relegations. I don't blame Warney and his team for leaving can you imagine what is Running through their minds when TS says no funds for new players wait for freebies and loanees and cheapie. Warny would have been thinking here we go again. Then Derby steps in New owners, New better standard of players,and more Cash in their pockets for themselves and a bigger budget for new recruits good move Mr Warne.
    I agree with that and Warney has given 100% to the club. Good luck to him.

Quote Originally Posted by thaimillerfan View Post
    Spot on thaimillerfan, although you could argue it is only 2 proper promotions and relegations as the first relegation was after he took over from Stubbs and Jackett and we were as good as relegated before christmas with an awful squad of players, but also was promoted when covid ended the season early and we were promoted on the PPG ruling. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    You may be right. I'm completely baffled why he's gone to Derby. Short term gain over long term gain I suppose. Not like him at all, I would hope.
    Come on sota, we've known one another for a long time and I dont see what PW's long term gain would have been staying with us.
    PW and his management team are constantly trying to improve players and get them to believe they can better themselves and play for better/bigger clubs at a higher level, but psychologically the same has to apply to him, or any manager who wants to succeed.
    Ironically, some on here thought PW could have taken us further, but when I asked them to explain how he could do that under the current financial constraints of the chairmen, not one of them got back to me.
    Regardless of what happens to PW at Derby, he would have been a complete bottler to turn the job down, and as I've said on another thread I think he will be brilliant for Derby and I wish him well. UTM

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    He will be able to retire for life after his time there ?
    Well from what I’ve read Tom Lawrence is the highest paid player on 1.4m a year and manager is paid more. On that basis assuming 1.5m for Warne that’s a 6m contract so if unsuccessful that’s a great pension pot!

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Well from what I’ve read Tom Lawrence is the highest paid player on 1.4m a year and manager is paid more. On that basis assuming 1.5m for Warne that’s a 6m contract so if unsuccessful that’s a great pension pot!
    Why is manager paid more?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast