+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Club statement just released

Thing is about new contracts for Managers, it's all now changed. If they get sacked they do not get the full pay off of remaining years left on their contract. There is a minimum of 6 months to one whole year. This is now common practice between clubs and Managers.

The 'golden' handshake is long gone so, it is indeed a big gamble for any Manager to move clubs when there is no rainbow at the other end should they fail in their task.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Well from what I’ve read Tom Lawrence is the highest paid player on 1.4m a year and manager is paid more. On that basis assuming 1.5m for Warne that’s a 6m contract so if unsuccessful that’s a great pension pot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Why is manager paid more?
    As far as I was aware Tom Lawrence signed for Glasgow Rangers? UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thing is about new contracts for Managers, it's all now changed. If they get sacked they do not get the full pay off of remaining years left on their contract. There is a minimum of 6 months to one whole year. This is now common practice between clubs and Managers.

The 'golden' handshake is long gone so, it is indeed a big gamble for any Manager to move clubs when there is no rainbow at the other end should they fail in their task.

Hope that's same with players! We have some on 3 year contracts who could be surplus to next manager.

The Same Tom who's at rangers?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    When you see Kelle Roos on 16K/week then there's no wonder they were/are in financial trouble. It wasn't hard last season for their manager to be higher paid than the players as Rooney was reportedly on 125K/week under the sponsorship deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Come on sota, we've known one another for a long time and I dont see what PW's long term gain would have been staying with us.
    PW and his management team are constantly trying to improve players and get them to believe they can better themselves and play for better/bigger clubs at a higher level, but psychologically the same has to apply to him, or any manager who wants to succeed.
    Ironically, some on here thought PW could have taken us further, but when I asked them to explain how he could do that under the current financial constraints of the chairmen, not one of them got back to me.
    Regardless of what happens to PW at Derby, he would have been a complete bottler to turn the job down, and as I've said on another thread I think he will be brilliant for Derby and I wish him well. UTM
    Yeah, can’t argue with that Ronners.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    The Same Tom who's at rangers?
    Yes joined the last transfer window
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Lawrence

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Surely the get paid or not has to be in the contract when it was signed Brin, because if you me or anyone else for that matter, signed a contract to work for someone and the company terminated it, then it would be in that contract as to what payment would be required? UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    Surely the get paid or not has to be in the contract when it was signed Brin, because if you me or anyone else for that matter, signed a contract to work for someone and the company terminated it, then it would be in that contract as to what payment would be required? UTM
    Usually it’s a compromise agreement.

ie a payoff amount is agreed and other stipulations are built in. One of those for example might be that the manager leaving doesn’t talk to the press about why he left. In industry there might be a clause about not working for a competitor within a certain period. Other agreements might include keeping health plans going, keeping the company car etc

Basically it’s horse trading

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast