+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Warnes open letter

I thought it was a pretty good letter written with the heart and the head, showing a fair degree of self awareness. How many years did he spend with us player, coach and manager for Heaven's sake? Did you stay in the same job with the same firm all that time? I know I didn't. If an opportunity comes along which you think will help you to better yourself don't you go for it? Even if it means uprooting. I know I did and there's never any guarantee it will work out. Good luck to him. I won't say he owes us nothing but I think he's paid off most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by South Coast Miller View Post
    I thought it was a pretty good letter written with the heart and the head, showing a fair degree of self awareness. How many years did he spend with us player, coach and manager for Heaven's sake? Did you stay in the same job with the same firm all that time? I know I didn't. If an opportunity comes along which you think will help you to better yourself don't you go for it? Even if it means uprooting. I know I did and there's never any guarantee it will work out. Good luck to him. I won't say he owes us nothing but I think he's paid off most of it.
    He's a money grabbing t*t. Get over the homo-erotic crap you lads seem consumed with. PW was nothing. A fitness coach. Given a chance most people would kill for. Bullshined for years about loyalty and 'good people' and left in the end for money to Derby of all clubs. Hypocrite and I hope he fails miserably as I am sure he will.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    He's a money grabbing t*t. Get over the homo-erotic crap you lads seem consumed with. PW was nothing. A fitness coach. Given a chance most people would kill for. Bullshined for years about loyalty and 'good people' and left in the end for money to Derby of all clubs. Hypocrite and I hope he fails miserably as I am sure he will.
    What did I say about pleasing Grist? You was angry when he was here and now you're even angrier because he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Once a mercenary always a mercenary

Please save us from the crocodile tears
    Like Ronnie Moore??

Oh I forgot he wasn't good enough to walk to Ipswich bare footed

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Robin's a better manager than him TS won't have back. Once you've ditched us with our chairman there's no way back.
    Sacked Ronnie Moore twice

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    £250k a year for 4 years.
    That it?

He must off been poorly paid at rotherham

Firstly I would like to put some of the blame for this on TS's shoulders, players and now managers allowed to run their contracts down reducing any leverage the club may have. Secondly it appears that TS doesnt reinforce success, both would make his life much easier

As for PW I think he is a fool. At Rotherham he has the safest job in football (provided he didnt take us into div 2) If he doesnt hit the ground running he'll be toast by Christmas, even if he gets them into the Championship he could still be toast as the fans would want a big name manager. He might get another chance then at another basket case team and then it would be Paul who ??

Warne also fails his good person test, leaving a team he cares for in the lurch by taking all the coaching staff with him. It will probably mean we have a year or two on the manager merry go round.

Please fall off a cliff.

Are you having another one of your breakdowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    Firstly I would like to put some of the blame for this on TS's shoulders, players and now managers allowed to run their contracts down reducing any leverage the club may have. Secondly it appears that TS doesnt reinforce success, both would make his life much easier

As for PW I think he is a fool. At Rotherham he has the safest job in football (provided he didnt take us into div 2) If he doesnt hit the ground running he'll be toast by Christmas, even if he gets them into the Championship he could still be toast as the fans would want a big name manager. He might get another chance then at another basket case team and then it would be Paul who ??

Warne also fails his good person test, leaving a team he cares for in the lurch by taking all the coaching staff with him. It will probably mean we have a year or two on the manager merry go round.
    Good post Slim.....I don't know how Manager's contracts work.If he got the sack after 1 year does it mean they would pay him the other 3 if he accepted a job 2 weeks later? I'm not sure he had the safest job in football though.If we were relegated this year I'm not sure TS would have had him in League 1 next.I thought something was strange before the season started when Warne said he and TS were not even talking about a new deal until he was happy with how THIS Championship campaign was panning out.That is not normal talk for a manager who has just got promoted! I guess everything runs it's course.Warne is NOT a young manager by today's standards....he just looks it! I can totally understand his reasoning even though he hasn't said what it is but I know enough that if Derby is his last job in that role he's the type of guy who will move onto something else.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast