+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T best things about Dundee

O/T best things about Dundee

Since we are all just waiting until October to decide whether this season is a bust or not.

As an exile I have recently got a working arrangement where I can split my time abroad and back in Dundee. Tbh I love Dundee so just wanting to know what you all think are the best things about the city outside of our great club.

For me:

The people, Dundonians are what they are in the best possible way.

The location, everything you could ever want and all that Scotland has to offer is within an hour or so.

J+Ls Tasty Delights steak and gravy pie. Best pie bar none (I can't say peh anymore because my bast@rdised accent). Gidi grill and Boat Brae depending on the occasion.

The ferry - to keep our Dee friends happy

The pubs - so many great boozers to choose from, little shout out to the athletic bar for being the cheapest whisky bar anywhere. Mennies, the fisherman's and also Draffens from the more pretentious contemporary bunch.

The Rep and to a lesser extent McManus, DCA, V+A all great for the city.

What about everyone else? First one to say Templeton woods is outed as Butcher.

The Laa Hill. Incredible views of the whole city from one place, breathtaking.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    The Laa Hill. Incredible views of the whole city from one place, breathtaking.
    Agreed - The Law. No many cities have a view like that right in the middle of it. Absolutely stunning , every time.

The view over the silvery Tay from the foreign land of Fife. Likewise , absolutely beautiful. Have a large, framed, sunset photograph in the hoose here. Love it.

Groucho’s ( RIP )… now 13 Records in Union Street.

Tannadice

Plenty more too.

The road to Perth!!

Only kidding folks.

Three things new visitors must do.
    Drive up the Dundee Law.
    Drive over the Tay road bridge from the south.
    Drive along Tannadice Street.

Quote Originally Posted by sultan_of_arabia View Post
    Since we are all just waiting until October to decide whether this season is a bust or not.

As an exile I have recently got a working arrangement where I can split my time abroad and back in Dundee. Tbh I love Dundee so just wanting to know what you all think are the best things about the city outside of our great club.

For me:

The people, Dundonians are what they are in the best possible way.

The location, everything you could ever want and all that Scotland has to offer is within an hour or so.

J+Ls Tasty Delights steak and gravy pie. Best pie bar none (I can't say peh anymore because my bast@rdised accent). Gidi grill and Boat Brae depending on the occasion.

The ferry - to keep our Dee friends happy

The pubs - so many great boozers to choose from, little shout out to the athletic bar for being the cheapest whisky bar anywhere. Mennies, the fisherman's and also Draffens from the more pretentious contemporary bunch.

The Rep and to a lesser extent McManus, DCA, V+A all great for the city.

What about everyone else? First one to say Templeton woods is outed as Butcher.
    I spend half my life away from Dundee and have done for 20 years so like you i f ucking love coming back and love this toon

In nae particular order

The Dundee Peh
    snug
    frews
    perth road boozers
    Trades
    bar lunches in the phoenix
    abundance of place to walk to doags - balgay, riverside, clatto etc
    Restaurants like collinsons, tayberry, gidi grill, piccolo, bellini, tahini, agacan, tapas bar in ferry, manchurian, cinnamon and jahangir
    the weemin - they're ah nuts but some right crackers in this toon plus the weemin outnumber the men, flange everywhere!!!
    the fact we're the sunniest city in scotland
    the fact we have the most people NOT paying their Tv license
    the various castles
    parks - baxter, lochee etc
    Discovery and Unicorn
    mills observatory
    Concerts in slessor gardens

Loads of positives and great things about oor toon.

What we do need though is these DCC *******s to lower rent for premises in the toon centre, shopping in this toon is a disgrace, its like f ukcing arbroath! The wellgate either needs a massive revamp something like union square with cinema and eateries or it needs flattened. also need a decent Christmas tree and something for Hogmanay here

P.S Never in my life have i ever heard the 'Athy' referred to as a whisky bar. wtf ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    tapas bar in ferry
    That’s no Dundee, thon’s Broughty Ferry. Honestly, I cannae stand these ‘Ferry Types’.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    That’s no Dundee, thon’s Broughty Ferry. Honestly, I cannae stand these ‘Ferry Types’.
    Don't get me effin started. FFS James. 🤪

The dee support will be wondering how ah us angus chunts ken so many places in Dundee

Travelling home after being away for a while and leaving Fife on the train when you get to the rail bridge and seeing the Tay estuary and the city to the east and the scenery in the west. Breathtaking!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)