+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: For Fox Sake

I liked everything Mark Ogren said when he bought the club except one thing concerned me.
    He said he hoped that he would make profit. Oh dear!
    He has had total faith in Tony Asghar and up to the 1-0 defeat by Livingston followed by the 7-0 defeat it all seemed to be going well (except for the £10,000,000 loss of course partly due to the pandemic).
    So on the pitch the wheels have fallen off the wagon. Lets hope they are being fixed.
    TA wants to create a successful club all be it with limited money.
    He struggled to convince the fans about Tam Courts.
    Jack Ross has been a financial loss as well as a humiliation for the club.
    There has been a lot of set backs along the way and a little bit of transpaency through the troubles would have helped.
    He now needs to have Liam Fox be successful.
    I say we stick with Tony Asghar as I see a man determined to succeed.
    United needs this determination. C'mon United!
    Last edited by Jim_Jam; 25-09-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Mark Ogren has bought into TA's vision for the club. Unfortunately for us, if the fans hound out TA...then there is every chance that they hound out Mark Ogren. We could find ourselves in a bit of a dodgy situation very quickly if the wheels come off. That being said, a few wins and all this grief goes away! The players have had a massive part to play in the mess we find ourselves in and I hope they have been building a siege mentality to get us out this mess. Regardless of who is to blame for what is going on at the club...it's the fans that are suffering and that is unacceptable when you consider the backing that we have given the club this season!

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    One common form of disproportionate attack is to stigmatise the target. It is a quick and easy means to acquire justification for our rhetoric/position. Yet it is cheap, generally groundless and wrong, but it is effective in gathering support from the weak minded amongst us, often relegating truth to the base level of inconvenience. Those using the tactic and haven't we all at some time or another, are egotistically elevated.
    RAM this reminds me of gone in 60 seconds when Vinnie Jones spoke for the only time at the end of the film, full of wisdom if a tad sesquipedalian

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    RAM this reminds me of gone in 60 seconds when Vinnie Jones spoke for the only time at the end of the film, full of wisdom if a tad sesquipedalian
    Now there's a ****ing word!

Quote Originally Posted by A. J View Post
    NDA's work both ways, Butcher, Mellon, Ross and others will also be relieved that certain things that went on remains hush.

I've no time for whispers, all's I'm interested in is competing on the pitch, which Fox needs to prioritise starting with St J.
    when the product on the pitch is failing due to issues behind the scenes i think we should all be very interested in what the hells going on, whispers or not.

too many sat back and said f uck all and refused to believe when the snake was in charge and we were days from going down the tubes yet plenty thought all was well.

ST's time in charge he's ruined trust in a large section of the fan base for ANYONE running our club. Then there are some that will never trust anyone anyway, even when JYM was here that was present.

when the product on the pitch is failing due to issues behind the scenes i think we should all be very interested in what the hells going on, whispers or not.

too many sat back and said f uck all and refused to believe when the snake was in charge and we were days from going down the tubes yet plenty thought all was well.
    I hear what you're saying regarding the snake mate, but ultimately people's opinion on here won't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome. If some prefer to believe the best and some believe the worst, what will be will still be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post

I say we stick with Tony Asghar as I see a man determined to succeed.
    United needs this determination. C'mon United!
    we've no option but to stick with him, he's going no where, i dont see where you get this 'determination' from though, i dont see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I hear what you're saying regarding the snake mate, but ultimately people's opinion on here won't make a blind bit of difference to the outcome. If some prefer to believe the best and some believe the worst, what will be will still be.
    totally, nowt anyone on here or any other platform says will make any difference at all mate

we're stuck with him unless Fox fails miserably and we go doon then something will need to change as the fault will lie firmly at his door

we're stuck with him unless Fox fails miserably and we go doon then something will need to change as the fault will lie firmly at his door
    Even then there'll be a Putin style spin on it and some folk will still buy into the all will be fine rubbish.
    I'm genuinely intrigued as to why some think we're suddenly going to turn a corner and start climbing the table.
    Based on our results so far and the state of current squad, anyone brave or daft enough to answer?

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)