+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: For Fox Sake

Harkes also scored the winner in the cup. But, yes, he definitely cost us the first goal at Ibrox. I don't think Harkes and McGrath are similar, the latter being much more of a creative player and I actually think they complement each other quite well. That said, I agree that after Ibrox perhaps Harkes should be on the bench next match and other combinations tried.

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post
    The only positive thing I can say it is not Kevin Thomson.
    Was thinking that until I listened to the last Dode Fox episode. Any Arab on it who worked with him previously talked really highly of him and provided an outline to his character. Kinda changed my kind after that. That said Foxy like every manager that has come in will get my backing.

Good luck in your new jobs Liam and Stevie. Slightly disappointing that the press announced the news before United. Let's start with a win against saints.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Hibs and Sunderland are probably two that would struggle with the choice, both sets of fans can't stand Ross

Let's hope long term we want to name another part of Tannadice after a Fox! I'd settle for avoiding the drop and progression though
    Just drop the Dode in 'the Dode Fox Stand' and it can apply to both Dode and Liam!

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I doubt any other club in the UK would pick Fox instead of Ross as manager/Head Coach
    Ross was an absolute car crash in his short stint. player power or not he made some terrible calls and most fans wanted him gone. The imbalanced squad and keeper situation is his doing.

Perhaps the reason any other club in the UK wouldn't pick Fox is because he hasn't been a part of their back room staff in a mostly successful set up? Our last internal appointment didn't work out too bad did it? Much to the poisonous rumour mobs dismay.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    He really needs to sort the imbalance in midfield out and drop harkes unless there are injuries to others

a new keeper is a must too as is another striker

Try Liam Smith with the striker gig? Could be a revelation?

Quote Originally Posted by Orjan11 View Post
    Good luck in your new jobs Liam and Stevie. Slightly disappointing that the press announced the news before United. Let's start with a win against saints.
    We will need to score more than Nicky Clark!

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Ross was an absolute car crash in his short stint. player power or not he made some terrible calls and most fans wanted him gone. The imbalanced squad and keeper situation is his doing.

Perhaps the reason any other club in the UK wouldn't pick Fox is because he hasn't been a part of their back room staff in a mostly successful set up? Our last internal appointment didn't work out too bad did it? Much to the poisonous rumour mobs dismay.
    I doubt Ross had anything to do with the transfer of Birighitti and certainly not Eriksson so I'd say the keeper situation had nothing to do with him......and I doubt it was him that sanctioned the extended contract for Harkes or never brought in a defensive midfielder! In fact I'd say the keeper situation and the imbalanced midfield is down to Fat Tone......so I'd say you are starting poisonous rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I doubt Ross had anything to do with the transfer of Birighitti and certainly not Eriksson so I'd say the keeper situation had nothing to do with him......and I doubt it was him that sanctioned the extended contract for Harkes or never brought in a defensive midfielder! In fact I'd say the keeper situation and the imbalanced midfield is down to Fat Tone......so I'd say you are starting poisonous rumours.
    100% the keepers were FT's pick

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Try Liam Smith with the striker gig? Could be a revelation?
    considering we've only got fletcher and the Ugandan lad smith could well be involved up front at some point and sadly this is no joke...

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)