+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: For Fox Sake

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I doubt Ross had anything to do with the transfer of Birighitti and certainly not Eriksson so I'd say the keeper situation had nothing to do with him......and I doubt it was him that sanctioned the extended contract for Harkes or never brought in a defensive midfielder! In fact I'd say the keeper situation and the imbalanced midfield is down to Fat Tone......so I'd say you are starting poisonous rumours.
    Of course there are decisions that werent his. What about the waste of a signing Sibald? Im sure that was a Ross signing and he could have signed a fit defensive midfielder with that cash.

I really cannot get anywhere near excited by Fox being appointed, then i see Crawford as no2!

Looks like im missing the next 2 games which will help me decide if Fox gets my backing, or i vote with my feet! Never been this disillusioned with United!

Has the Biro run out? Richard Strebinger 330 games, Alexandros Paschalakis 225 games, Orjan Nyland 257 games, Iago Herrerin 352 games. If we are left with Eriksson I fear for our league placing. Surely one of the four keepers above can catch a cross? We need to get this goalie situation sorted before the transfer window as waiting for a Kawashima signing was pointless. Surely we couldn't repeat the same mistakes as before? Given who the goalie coach is I have my doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    Has the Biro run out? Richard Strebinger 330 games, Alexandros Paschalakis 225 games, Orjan Nyland 257 games, Iago Herrerin 352 games. If we are left with Eriksson I fear for our league placing. Surely one of the four keepers above can catch a cross? We need to get this goalie situation sorted before the transfer window as waiting for a Kawashima signing was pointless. Surely we couldn't repeat the same mistakes as before? Given who the goalie coach is I have my doubts.

We definitely need a new keeper thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    I doubt Ross had anything to do with the transfer of Birighitti and certainly not Eriksson so I'd say the keeper situation had nothing to do with him......and I doubt it was him that sanctioned the extended contract for Harkes or never brought in a defensive midfielder! In fact I'd say the keeper situation and the imbalanced midfield is down to Fat Tone......so I'd say you are starting poisonous rumours.
    While they have an input of course I don't think your can pin any recruitment problems on the head coach at Tannadice at the moment, whoever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Looks like im missing the next 2 games which will help me decide if Fox gets my backing, or i vote with my feet! Never been this disillusioned with United!
    FFS, even JR for longer than that. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    While they have an input of course I don't think your can pin any recruitment problems on the head coach at Tannadice at the moment, whoever it is.
    correct TTT it all comes down to the sporting director

Just my cynical view of the hierarchy at Tanny
    Asghar - recruitment, team selection, tactics.
    Fox - assists in above if asked.
    Crawford - puts out cones for training.
    Mulgrew - somewhere in between Asghar and Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by An old shed boy View Post
    Just my cynical view of the hierarchy at Tanny
    Asghar - recruitment, team selection, tactics.
    Fox - assists in above if asked.
    Crawford - puts out cones for training.
    Mulgrew - somewhere in between Asghar and Fox.
    Don't believe that for a second.

Financially , it was probably always gonna be the outcome. 2 year deal tho, and the cost of SC ? might be contradicting myself already :/

I honestly don't think there was ever gonna be a different one.

Not the perfect outcome, but, I'm far from devastated. Foxy has managed to get the team trying again, always a good start. There are deeper questions to be asked why that happened I know, but....... I like to give everyone the same chance, and will do again.

I would like to know though if there were other higher profile managers that threw their hat in to the ring and never got an 'interview' ??? ...Unless someone comes out and mentions it, we will probably, never hear about it.

Unfortunately... it's a relegation fight we are in, instead of a top 6 goal , or even another Euro humpin'

UTD for me.....

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)