+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: For Fox Sake

The fans backing has been great recently. On Saturday, fair play to those that went and backed the team, I thought they were great.

Players have definitely given the crowd something to get behind again. Understandable that the atmosphere suffered against both Saints as the results and performances had been so poor that it is unrealistic to expect the crowd to lift the players....was always going to have to be the players lifting the crowd. Suspect atmosphere will pick up again now that has been done and the fans will do their part to lift the team when needed once again.

A state of Ultimate Unitedness will be achieved if we pursue it long enough

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    I am sorry if you believe it to be sh#te...my source is a first team player...not a third party..but directly from a first team player! He also told me that the "crisis meeting" had Mark Orgen dial in via zoom and give an inspirational speech of " we need to be united, the players need to be united..the fans need to be united...we are Dundee United!" ..the players all thought it was a bit mental and very Americanised...just stopping short of chanting USA....USA! If anybody on here has links to the club..they will be able to confirm the Mark Orgen story as I don't think its too controversial! Regardless of what went on during the JR tenure, we have no option but to wipe the slate clean and try and rebuild. The players are back to playing like they are a team which is a good sign but we are still very fragile at the moment. It is *****ly important that the fans back the players just now as we try and recover from the damage done in the past few months.
    A 1st team player telling tales about what goes on in the changing room?how professional of him and sums up some of our players imo. What a fkn knob.

The fans have been great last few matches, for various reasons.

In general tho... The away fans have always been more vocal. Normally down to being on the swally, or a couple of cokes and nowadays mostly being a pretty young team.

I know the auldies still go, (myself included sometimes) but our away support is getting younger which bodes well for the future.

There are a LOT of auld fuc**s at Tannadice too these days, and it's great to see, but they need a wee bit more (inspiration) to belt oot a good sang.

In saying that ... There was a great mix of fans belting oot the sangs against Aberdeen and Hibs, and the team did respond.

Long may it continue...

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Agree 100%,i havnie and probably never will forgive or forget the current team's lack of discipline and professionalism when asked to play four defenders at the back.The fans this season have been nothing short of magnificent whereas the players in certain games have made Dundee United an FN laughing stock,FACT.
    ^^^^ This all day long, the players couldn’t give a flying phukk about our club

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)