+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Langstaff VNL Player of The Month for August

Langstaff VNL Player of The Month for August

Congrats to Macaulay Langstaff!

"For any club hoping to achieve, recruitment is king - if new strikers settle fast then it acts as rocket fuel for the months ahead.

Macaulay Langstaff arrived at Notts County a champion and he didn’t leave his scoring boots in the North East.

After landing from Gateshead, he hit the ground running.

It was always going to take something special for the Magpies fans to quickly forget about losing Kyle Wootton to Stockport County.

He scored six in six last month to introduce himself to his new public in style and it started with two against Maidenhead United before another brace in the comeback against Chesterfield.

Then he doubled up again at FC Halifax Town - and September is already looking profitable after a stunning hat-trick against Dagenham & Redbridge."

Last edited by SwalePie; 22-09-2022 at 06:32 PM.

Most impressive impact from a new forward since Brett Angel

#owners

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Most impressive impact from a new forward since Brett Angel
    I'm guessing you didn't rate Lee Hughes then

Nah he made an immediate impact too both scoring hat tricks on their debuts at Meadow Lane I believe.

Mr Hughes is the best finisher I've ever seen play for Notts. The definition of clinical plus so much more.

Congratulations Macaulay an incredible first month at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by tied_up_in_notts View Post
    I'm guessing you didn't rate Lee Hughes then
    That was a pretty glaring omission!

All fully justified of course but Lee Hughes already gets more than enough praise on NCM, I even contributed some more (see above)

Whereas Brett Angell 5 goals in 6 games gets criminally overlooked. I hear Bournemouth fans still talk about him and that game to this day.

Just trying to share a bit of the sunshine

All fully justified of course but Lee Hughes already gets more than enough praise on NCM, I even contributed some more (see above)

Whereas Brett Angell 5 goals in 6 games gets criminally overlooked. I hear Bournemouth fans still talk about him and that game to this day.

Just trying to share a bit of the sunshine
    Laddo he was at Notts for 6 games. it's not hard to see how he was overlooked. By pretty much everyone! Anyway plenty of sunshine here if you want some but another whopping La Nina on the way!

I know it was said very much part tongue in cheek. His name just popped into my head cos I remembered him scoring an impressive hat trick on what I thought was he debut.

I nearly went with Eugene Dadi

I know it was said very much part tongue in cheek. His name just popped into my head cos I remembered him scoring an impressive hat trick on what I thought was he debut.

I nearly went with Eugene Dadi
    Steady on Laddo! You will be bringing up Adam Coombes next. I didn't attend the game but have vague memories of Mr Slater saying how wonderful he was. I was living in the UK then but may have been in Switzerland at the time I just looked at the dates.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast