+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: More grammar schools, Liz is kidding - right?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I remember you Nigel. I'm Chris Dempsey, I used to knock about with jeff Padden (RIP) and Steve Barker.
    Likewise, Chris. BT gets upset if personal conversations are carried out. I don’t know if one can go private on here, otherwise I’ll give you my email address.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Will it be OKAY if I book all of you ex-grammar schoolboys a room?
    If you ensure that we all have single rooms with en suite facilities and free wifi -----oh ---and you foot the bill because I only carry cash and it will most certainly be a place which only accepts cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    Likewise, Chris. BT gets upset if personal conversations are carried out. I don’t know if one can go private on here, otherwise I’ll give you my email address.
    It's a forum for everyone S_c, I just find it a tad invasive reading what I consider to be private messages. There is in fact a "Private Messages" facility on here, it's located on the left-hand side of the top bar and is a doddle to use.

Will it be OKAY if I book all of you ex-grammar schoolboys a room?
    Comprehensive please BT, St Ted's was very "from each according to their ability, to each according to their needs".

It's a forum for everyone S_c, I just find it a tad invasive reading what I consider to be private messages. There is in fact a "Private Messages" facility on here, it's located on the left-hand side of the top bar and is a doddle to use.
    Seeing as you're taking such an interest BT, would you mind defining what exactly you find objectionable, where do you draw the line, where does a friendly chat between two posters who went to the same school become problematic ?

This isn't the first time you've mentioned this recently and I'm sure none of us wants to upset you, so could we have some rules please, what can we say and what can't we say ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seeing as you're taking such an interest BT, would you mind defining what exactly you find objectionable, where do you draw the line, where does a friendly chat between two posters who went to the same school become problematic ?

This isn't the first time you've mentioned this recently and I'm sure none of us wants to upset you, so could we have some rules please, what can we say and what can't we say ?
    I sometimes muse that I have woken into some nightmarish world where at any time there can be a knock on the door in the middle of the night and a warrant produced accusing you of “historical revisionism” or “activities against the state” and you are summarily carted off without trial to be re-educated or worse. In the real world of course you are likely to fall foul of Facebook’s Community Standards. True to say I once posted a comment on FB complaining about the treatment of a minority community and received a month’s ban. Someone had obviously objected to my comment. I appealed of course but my ban was upheld. I now use FB solely for social interactions. Lesson learned. It is clear from what happened in Leicester recently that certain fake stories about kidnaps and demonstrators being brought by bus from London were being tweeted and retweeted. Spreading false information is a very dangerous game in such fragile environments. Leaders have called for cool heads. Good advice. There are published rules for Message boards. I have copied these below.

“Provided that you are aged 18 or over, you are welcome to post, transmit or submit messages and other materials (which include uploading files, inputting data or any other materials or engaging in any form of communication in connection with the network) (collectively "Messages") to bulletin boards, chat rooms or other public areas within, or in connection with, the network (collectively "Forums"). However, Footymad accepts no responsibility whatsoever in connection with or arising from such Messages. Children may not submit Messages to the Forums

Footymad does not endorse and has no control over the content of Messages submitted by others to Forums. Messages submitted to Forums are not necessarily reviewed by Footymad prior to posting and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of Footymad. Footymad makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the content of the Messages in the Forums or the accuracy and reliability of any Messages and other materials in the Forums. Nonetheless, Footymad reserves the right to prevent you from submitting Materials to Forums and to edit, restrict or remove such Messages for any reason at any time.

Footymad assumes no responsibility for actively monitoring Forums for inappropriate Messages. If at any time Footymad chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the Forums, Footymad nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the content of the Messages, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Messages, and no responsibility for the conduct of the user submitting any Message. In submitting Messages to Forums, you agree to strictly limit yourself to discussions about the subject matter for which the Forums are intended. You agree that Footymad accepts no liability whatsoever if it determines to prevent your Messages from being submitted or if it edits, restricts or removes your Messages. You also agree to permit any other user of this network to access, view, store or reproduce the material for that other user's personal use and not to restrict or inhibit the use of the network by any other person.

You are solely responsible for the content of your Messages. You must comply with any rules posted by Footymad on a Forum. You may not: Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages containing any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any chain Messages or "spam"; Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages with recommendations to buy or refrain from buying a particular security or which contain confidential information of another party or which otherwise have the purpose of affecting the price or value of any security; Post, link to or otherwise publish any Messages that are unlawful, threatening, abusive, libellous, indecent, infringe copyright or other rights of third parties or which contain any other form of illegal content; Post or otherwise publish any Messages that contain a virus or other harmful component; Disguise the origin of any Messages Impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent any affiliation with any person or entity; Post or otherwise publish any messages unrelated to the Forum or the Forum's topic; Post or transmit any Messages that contain software viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of the network or any computer software or equipment; Collect or store other users' personal data; Restrict or inhibit any other user from using the Forums. By submitting messages to any Forum you agree to indemnify and hold harmless Footymad from all claims, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) arising out of any Messages posted or published by you that are in breach of this section 4.

By submitting Messages to any Forums you are granting Footymad a perpetual royalty free non-exclusive licence to reproduce, modify, translate, make available, distribute and sub-license the Message in whole or in part and in form. This may include personal information such as your user name and alias and your expressions of opinion. Footymad reserves the right to contact you by email with regard to your use of the Forums”.

Are we any clearer on what we should and should not say? Answers please on a very small postcard. Meanwhile I shall try and get back to sleep before that very troubling knock on my door.

Those are the Footymad rules Outwood, what we need to know is, what are the BT rules, they seem to differ somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Those are the Footymad rules Outwood, what we need to know is, what are the BT rules, they seem to differ somewhat.
    I would not wish to be a moderator or administrator or censor whatever sinkov. The great music hall singer Marie Lloyd used to sing a little ditty about a young lady gardener entitled “ She sits among the cabbages and peas”. This rather bawdy song came to the attention of the Lord Chancellor (custodian of the morals of the day). He duly attended a performance and went to see Miss Lloyd backstage warning her that he would again be in the audience for the following evening’s performance and expected there to be a change to the offending lyrics. Come the musical cue for this number that next night and Miss Lloyd launches into the song. “She sits among the cabbages and (pause) LEEKS”. Gales of laughter greeted the hapless Chancellor.

Guys just to clear this up once and for all, now that Altobelli has passed to the great bus driver's garage in the sky I'm the last "moderator" standing.

Remembering the storm, I stirred up with my taking a dislike to Numbongo being mentioned to refer to our black striker Mumbongo I decided to a "let anything go" self-policing paradigm on here.

My only interest is to keep the forum going, hence the pre- and post-match reports and reviews undertaken by Sir Outwood, Dave Thornley and our useless Editor to generate a bit of discourse.

When I open a thread and it reads like an old boy's club or network, I always feel like I'm intruding in a personal conversation. I have asked respectfully to use the Private Message facility to conduct personal stuff and messages.

It's not for me to issue directives, rules and regulations and I'm more than happy to abandon ship and let someone else keep this site running.

I try not to do a Tony Scholes and I just let the forum run, if it's not our members liking please feel free to nominate someone else. The dudes at Footymad are happy with how this forum runs and believe me it is monitored 24/7.

When I open a thread and it reads like an old boy's club or network, I always feel like I'm intruding in a personal conversation.

I try not to do a Tony Scholes and I just let the forum run,
    'When I open a thread', but BT, mon ami, with all due respect, it's not about you is it ? The posts you refer to occurred quite naturally, they were totally harmless and innocent, and I for one had not the slightest problem with them, and I'd be amazed if anyone else did, and especially anyone at Footymad.

I don't think anyone on here would dispute that you do a fine job moderating, mainly because you do not continually stick your oar in like Scholes is wont to do. Thus, if you don't want to do a Tony Scholes, then don't, unless absolutely necessary, just let the forum run.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)