+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More grammar schools, Liz is kidding - right?

You're not threatening to chuck your toys out of the pram are you mon ami, surely not ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You're not threatening to chuck your toys out of the pram are you mon ami, surely not ?
    I do not do threats sinkov it's not in my nature. "Punch first, think later" is my motto.

I have simply issued an invite to anyone who wants to sit in the moderator's chair and represent the forum instead of me.

It's an unpaid job and flak is always just around the corner when you least expect it.

Nominations welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I do not do threats sinkov it's not in my nature. "Punch first, think later" is my motto.

I have simply issued an invite to anyone who wants to sit in the moderator's chair and represent the forum instead of me.

It's an unpaid job and flak is always just around the corner when you least expect it.

Nominations welcome.
    I still wish I knew what we were allowed to post without upsetting the moderator, just trying to be helpful, to make your life easier, just asking for clarity, that's all.

I still wish I knew what we were allowed to post without upsetting the moderator, just trying to be helpful, to make your life easier, just asking for clarity, that's all.
    I'm not overly fond of racism but like we have just discovered the term is ambiguous and open to individual interpretation. How can someone for example be labelled a racist for saying someone is "superficially black"? Why would someone take exception to a black guy being called Numbongo when his real name is Mumbongo?. It's all down to interpretation IMHO.

I recall a dude on here a fair few year ago now who really pi$$ed you and me off and Altobelli and myself banned him sine die. No-one else has been banned since, but banning is not at all unusual on other Footymad sites and CT was a master at it on here previously. I prefer not to get involved with such heavy-handedness.

I have explained as far as my limited intellect will allow how I feel uncomfortable about what I deem to be private messages appearing on this main forum. Facebook actually incite user messages to be sent privately and not put in the public domain. It seems an appropriate way of doing things to me but hey ho each to their own.

You lot seem happy enough to do it and that's fair enough by me. I will simply use the "off" button and blank them. Occasionally I get contacted by DSG and ask if I'm happy with such and such a thing or should we consider a short ban for some transgressor of the "code".

Sir Outwood posted the Footymad "rules" which I have never seen before and there's more wiggle room in them than enough.

Post what you want if it needs moderating me and Alto said jointly, we would not moderate and would leave it to DSG to sort.

DSG insist there is at least one moderator per site, my last word on this is if someone wants to change places, I'm more than OK with that.

I'm intrigued by this Lefty idea that Kwarteng is not really black. Does this mean then that some knuckle-dragging member of the Far Right, and I'm led to believe the country is awash with them, could abuse him and not be prosecuted under the Racial Equality Act because he isn't really black, only superficially black.

I wonder if it would stand up in a court of law ? Actually I doubt it, what we really have here is yet another member of the Loony Left, and a Labour MP, natch, vanishing up their own ludicrous arsehole.
    Last edited by sinkov; 28-09-2022 at 06:42 PM.

I'm intrigued by this Lefty idea that Kwarteng is not really black. Does this mean then that some knuckle-dragging member of the Far Right, and I'm led to believe the country is awash with them, could abuse him and not be prosecuted under the Racial Equality Act because he isn't really black, only superficially black.

I wonder if it would stand up in a court of law ? Actually I doubt it, what we really have here is yet another member of the Loony Left, and a Labour MP, natch, vanishing up their own ludicrous arsehole.
    I cannot begin to imagine why any elected Member of Parliament would use such strange language to describe a fellow Member. It appears to me almost all of the 650 Members of Parliament are fatally flawed in one way or another.

I cannot begin to imagine why any elected Member of Parliament would use such strange language to describe a fellow Member. It appears to me almost all of the 650 Members of Parliament are fatally flawed in one way or another.
    One of our rare points of agreement mon ami.

One of our rare points of agreement mon ami.
    You can definitely add me to those in agreement with BT and sinkov.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)