+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Tax cut madness

OT Tax cut madness

Scrapping 45% band - WTF - ludicrous. Scrapping cap on bankers bonuses - ridiculous. A **** or bust budget that will massively burden national debt, screw the pound and thus the cost of imported goods and services. Madness, utter madness. I'm just glad my earnings, pension and nesteggs are mostly in dollars and eurod

On which basis I surmise rA will approve of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    On which basis I surmise rA will approve of it!
    I invariably give way to you on economic matters, GP. I’d reached the same conclusion but assumed I didn’t know what I was talking about.

As my son put it, its a budget that gives a little to appease the masses (20% to 19%) whilst giving huge amounts to the 0.0001% of the population who frankly don't need it (but from a personal perspective its nice). It will harm the economy, the national debt and fuel even more inflation as the currency weakens pushing up the price of imports (bear in mind that 30+ years of killing off our domestic industry in successive governments of both colours mean we make bugger all here).

It doesn't even make sense from a vote winning perspective, as those that benefit the most are most likely already blue, and those who they need to continue to win the brexit-won seats will see through it and, bu the time an election comes round, will have seen the cost of their imported consumption rise by more than their tax cut.

The abolition of the care levy and reversal of NI increases may appease some from a "pound in my pocket" point of view, but those that are that simply appeased will still find the reduced budgets for the care and health sectors, in particular, that will inevitably follow unacceptable. The magic money tree has been shaken and the money given back, rather than being spent on improving essential services.

I really cannot see any benefit to "the nation" in this half arsed strategy. It seems to help the wrong people and have negative vote winning qualities

But yes, you normally dont know what you're talking about but this time it seems you're working on broken clock principle and are right

In fact it might have been better if the weeks of inertia following the change of PM and then monarch had carried on rather than having this

As my son put it, its a budget that gives a little to appease the masses (20% to 19%) whilst giving huge amounts to the 0.0001% of the population who frankly don't need it (but from a personal perspective its nice). It will harm the economy, the national debt and fuel even more inflation as the currency weakens pushing up the price of imports (bear in mind that 30+ years of killing off our domestic industry in successive governments of both colours mean we make bugger all here).

It doesn't even make sense from a vote winning perspective, as those that benefit the most are most likely already blue, and those who they need to continue to win the brexit-won seats will see through it and, bu the time an election comes round, will have seen the cost of their imported consumption rise by more than their tax cut.

The abolition of the care levy and reversal of NI increases may appease some from a "pound in my pocket" point of view, but those that are that simply appeased will still find the reduced budgets for the care and health sectors, in particular, that will inevitably follow unacceptable. The magic money tree has been shaken and the money given back, rather than being spent on improving essential services.

I really cannot see any benefit to "the nation" in this half arsed strategy. It seems to help the wrong people and have negative vote winning qualities

But yes, you normally dont know what you're talking about but this time it seems you're working on broken clock principle and are right
    Lol...bit rude. Still, agreeing with your son - rather than you - eases my pain a little, and I suppose having ‘negative vote winning qualities’ is some sort of longer term positive.

Lol...bit rude. Still, agreeing with your son - rather than you - eases my pain a little, and I suppose having ‘negative vote winning qualities’ is some sort of longer term positive.

£1 = $ 1.11. best (or worst) exchange rate since I left bermuda with dollars in my pocket 37 years ago

In fact it might have been better if the weeks of inertia following the change of PM and then monarch had carried on rather than having this
    Maybe divert the SAS towards Charles rather than Putin? I guess it’s too late

Also read that she's likely to stop proposed bans on import of fur and foi gras, so the 0.0001% can keep warm whilst eating duck sick.
    She's "prepared to make unpopular decisions", doesn't seem like a good plan in a democracy to me. If Starmer can avoid being too much of a prat, he might have a chance at PM.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)