+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Tax cut madness

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Footnall clubs do exactly that.
    They can have a A,B,C catagory system for football matches.

A Forest v Derby game could be cat A, £35 a ticket, whislt a cup game v Halfax would be cat C at £20 a ticket and kids for a quid.

THAT IS SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    The more who want it, dictates a price.
    I take your point Tricky...but in a genuine ‘supply and demand’ situation the tickets would become more expensive the scarcer they get and that doesn’t happen until unscrupulous touts and the like get their grubby hands on matters.

Forest v Derby (or Leicester) is always going to be a more attractive event than, for example, Forest v Gillingham and will be priced accordingly in the same way as an item of clothing from Next or M&S is likely to be more expensive than a similar item from Primark...however, in the dim and distant when I’ve queued half way round the BBG to get tickets for Wembley I didn’t ever see someone nip out of the ticket office and say, ‘blimey, must be 15,000 out there and we’ve only got 10,000 tickets left...I know, let’s double the price!’

That is the ultimate example of ‘supply and demand’ in a football context...it is also unscrupulous and unfair and something the touts are well practised in. Unfortunately my fear is that there are far too many prepared to act like touts in our current society.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 01-10-2022 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Then you ‘guessed’ wrong. Not sure not ‘accepting’ it is ‘ignorance’ but I’d welcome your examples. Happy to give you some of my own too but...after you, AF.
    GP beat me to it with exhibit a, the biggest fee-charging non-corporate sales platform in the western world, eBay (Facebook marketplace is actually bigger). I’ve scoured the platform and can’t see ‘sell to the most deserving case/biggest sob story at the price they choose’. It’s all about top dollar and that’s between private individuals.

I take your point Tricky...but in a genuine ‘supply and demand’ situation the tickets would become more expensive the scarcer they get and that doesn’t happen until unscrupulous touts and the like get their grubby hands on matters.

Forest v Derby (or Leicester) is always going to be a more attractive event than, for example, Forest v Gillingham and will be priced accordingly in the same way as an item of clothing from Next or M&S is likely to be more expensive than a similar item from Primark...however, in the dim and distant when I’ve queued half way round the BBG to get tickets for Wembley I didn’t ever see someone nip out of the ticket office and say, ‘blimey, must be 15,000 out there and we’ve only got 10,000 tickets left...I know, let’s double the price!’

That is the ultimate example of ‘supply and demand’ in a football context...it is also unscrupulous and unfair and something the touts are well practised in. Unfortunately my fear is that there are far too many prepared to act like touts in our current society.
    You’ve actually provided my second example for me, that’s a PERFECT example of supply/demand. When one seller decides not to sell to the highest bidder, someone else (in this case the touts) will do so. You can’t be selective in this rA, you have to include the whole market

rA wrote:
    'P.S. Perhaps you should consider that while the last four putting the world to rights - as you call them - have provoked in excess of 9,000 replies between them, the average football related thread generates around 25'

There was a footie thread!!
    Bugger, I must have missed it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    GP beat me to it with exhibit a, the biggest fee-charging non-corporate sales platform in the western world, eBay (Facebook marketplace is actually bigger). I’ve scoured the platform and can’t see ‘sell to the most deserving case/biggest sob story at the price they choose’. It’s all about top dollar and that’s between private individuals.
    Correct on auction items, yes. Not so on "buy it now" and items where offers may be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Footnall clubs do exactly that.
    They can have a A,B,C catagory system for football matches.

A Forest v Derby game could be cat A, £35 a ticket, whislt a cup game v Halfax would be cat C at £20 a ticket and kids for a quid.

THAT IS SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    The more who want it, dictates a price.
    Port Vale is category A, on advice from the police......

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’m sorry, I genuinely don’t get your point. Of course eBay is about supply and demand...it’s effectively a public internet auction...and of course touts (as you go on to mention) operate on a ‘supply and demand’ basis...I’ve never attempted to deny that.
    The difference between us would then appear to be that, morally, I don’t accept that society should operate according to the ‘standards’ of parasitic touts or eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    rA wrote:
    'P.S. Perhaps you should consider that while the last four putting the world to rights - as you call them - have provoked in excess of 9,000 replies between them, the average football related thread generates around 25'

There was a footie thread!!
    Bugger, I must have missed it!!
    Tbf mac, for one reason or another there hasn’t been much football for about three weeks and the thread about our change of manager has attracted just 33 replies in eleven days.

Tbf mac, for one reason or another there hasn’t been much football for about three weeks and the thread about our change of manager has attracted just 33 replies in eleven days.
    He's a gamble, despite his track record, as is every new player or manager. If we lose today, maybe the Derby metaverse will explode. Apart from a couple of interviews, which sound excellent BTW, we have nothing to complain or be complimentary about.

Give it a couple of defeats and the knives will be out.....

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Port Vale is category A, on advice from the police......
    Only for you, we can behave

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)