+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Tax cut madness

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Unfortunately, morality doesn't come under prioritys for 99% of profit making companies.
    RA, you had the good fortune, to work in a career, where morality had its place and could be used as a tool.
    Morals don't come into it, when you are placed in a position, with sacking/suspending/fleecing a workforce etc.

If you did, you wouldn't be in the job very long. You have been spared that.
    Morality comes into absolutely everything Tricky, or at least it should do...and we’re still meant to be talking about ‘tax cut madness’, which also includes morality.
    Morals most certainly come into ‘sacking/suspending/fleecing a workforce’ and I have no idea what makes you believe I’ve been ‘spared’ those battles...from both sides of the ‘fence’.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah...the old law of supply and demand. Your favourite...the one you and AF claim I don’t ‘understand’.
    Seems though that I do...isn’t it the case, as I’ve suggested before, that it’s nothing more than a contrivance...designed to enhance and engineer more profiteering with little, if any, regard for morality...and isn’t that exactly what the gas and oil companies are currently guilty of?
    lol at contrivance

I’m sure you DO understand it rA, imo you don’t accept it and there’s no point arguing with ignorance. Supply and demand is a fact of life, waaay beyond/below corporations. Want some examples? Guessed not

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    lol at contrivance

I’m sure you DO understand it rA, imo you don’t accept it and there’s no point arguing with ignorance. Supply and demand is a fact of life, waaay beyond/below corporations. Want some examples? Guessed not
    Then you ‘guessed’ wrong. Not sure not ‘accepting’ it is ‘ignorance’ but I’d welcome your examples. Happy to give you some of my own too but...after you, AF.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Ah...the old law of supply and demand. Your favourite...the one you and AF claim I don’t ‘understand’.
    Seems though that I do...isn’t it the case, as I’ve suggested before, that it’s nothing more than a contrivance...designed to enhance and engineer more profiteering with little, if any, regard for morality...and isn’t that exactly what the gas and oil companies are currently guilty of?
    No and maybe, in that order. It is clear that you dont understand it! Try likening it to demand based pricing if thats easier for you. The person prepared to pay the most for a ticket is the one ho gets it

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    No and maybe, in that order. It is clear that you dont understand it! Try likening it to demand based pricing if thats easier for you. The person prepared to pay the most for a ticket is the one ho gets it
    Yikes...you and AF ‘hooked’ simultaneously! Now I am a little pissed so apologies for that... but ‘demand based pricing’? How does that work then? If I want a ticket to see Derby play, and I know that’s an unfamiliar concept for you, do they become more expensive as they become scarcer? No...not until the touts get involved.
    Likewise with concert tickets. There’s the rule of ‘first come first served’ and, of course, I understand that, but a £30, £50 or £70 ticket remains just that until others become involved don’t they? I’ve certainly yet to see a theatre or concert ticket from a reputable source become more expensive the smaller the supply of unsold tickets.
    Of course there are other less scrupulous organisations eg airlines where it seems that the law of supply and demand is alive and well and people who are increasingly desperate have to pay higher prices, but you’re surely not defending that attitude.

Likewise...as I may have mentioned, I live on a lane which happens to be part of the national cycle network and we get a lot of cyclists and ramblers coming by. Some are not as fit as they think they are and in last summer’s hot weather a few were struggling. As it happens we have an outside tap on the drive at the side of our gate. Occasionally people ask for a drink of water and this is always provided, occasionally with, for those who appear to be really struggling, the offer of a cup of tea. I suppose the law of supply and demand would suggest that I should be charging for these ‘services’. After all...I have the supply and they, particularly the more infirm ones, have the demand. Perhaps I should charge even more for those in greatest need...that after all would be a classic example of the ‘law of supply and demand’ wouldn’t it?
    Is that what you’re defending...I do hope not.

Your supply of cycle refreshment COULD be the subject of supple and demand pricing, but as a benevolent monopoly supplier you chose not to apply it. For it to apply you'd need more than 2 cup of tea suppliers of a more commercial nature.

You describe demand based pricing correctly in your analogy. It's common in the airline industry but also exists in football - through certain games such as local derbies costing more.

In its purest sense eBay exemplifies demand based pricing - if you ignore the "buy it now" option.

This thread is so confusing 😕

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    This thread is so confusing 😕
    For your sanity keep a distance. One of the ‘putting the world to rights’ threads has been going since 2016 and no one’s moved their views an inch

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    For your sanity keep a distance. One of the ‘putting the world to rights’ threads has been going since 2016 and no one’s moved their views an inch
    ...and you have still not provided the examples you offered.

Furthermore...while you scoff...it may be a ‘putting the world to rights’ issue to you, as may be the original ‘Tax cut madness’ thread, but it may also be thought provoking and I’m certain SithHappens is more than capable of contributing if s/he wishes.

P.S. Perhaps you should consider that while the last four ‘putting the world to rights’ - as you call them - have provoked in excess of 9,000 replies between them, the average football related thread generates around 25...and isn’t it time ‘Rosenior relieved’ received a ‘sticky’?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 01-10-2022 at 06:36 AM.

Footnall clubs do exactly that.
    They can have a A,B,C catagory system for football matches.

A Forest v Derby game could be cat A, £35 a ticket, whislt a cup game v Halfax would be cat C at £20 a ticket and kids for a quid.

THAT IS SUPPLY AND DEMAND
    The more who want it, dictates a price.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)