+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Truss Out!!!

Truss Out!!!

S hit budget unless your on 150 grand a year but nothing for those struggling! Tories will pay for this at the next election!

Starmer should have the Billy Bollox to be inventive now starting with reversing Brexit! I would put money on it the majority would now vote to go back into the EU especially as the immigration vote pushed Brexit through!

Maybe all the wealthy bods will donate some of the extra thousands in their pockets to the needy! Will they f uck - that’s why greedy people most of the time have sad lives and marriages!
    Last edited by baggieal; 23-09-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Remember that tactical voting by Tory MPs landed us with Liz Truss. Until the final round of voting among MPs, Penny Mordaunt was in second place and I believe that but for tactical voting, PM would have been our PM.

It’s too “knee jerk” to kick Truss at this point.

We equalled the biggest personal tax burden in history under Sunak, taxing people to the hilt just doesn’t work and never has.

I applaud Liz for having the b o l l o x to try something really radical.

From George Osbourne through to Hammond, Javid and Sunak we’ve had a selection of awful Chancellors with zero vision.

The only decent Chancellor of the last 40 years have been Nigel Lawson, Ken Clark and Alistair Darling.

This is worth a try.

The Badger really????

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    It’s too “knee jerk” to kick Truss at this point.

We equalled the biggest personal tax burden in history under Sunak, taxing people to the hilt just doesn’t work and never has.

I applaud Liz for having the b o l l o x to try something really radical.

From George Osbourne through to Hammond, Javid and Sunak we’ve had a selection of awful Chancellors with zero vision.

The only decent Chancellor of the last 40 years have been Nigel Lawson, Ken Clark and Alistair Darling.

This is worth a try.
    I thought Gordon Brown was a good chancellor...

I'll get the tin hat ready.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I thought Gordon Brown was a good chancellor...

I'll get the tin hat ready.
    The man that helped destroy my company pension you really are having a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by splinter View Post
    The man that helped destroy my company pension you really are having a laugh.
    And sold off our Gold Reserves at the wrong time, for pence. Fool

No fan of the Tories but both Blair and Brown have a lot to answer for!

Quote Originally Posted by Titchfieldbaggie View Post
    And sold off our Gold Reserves at the wrong time, for pence. Fool
    The sale of our gold for peanuts was one of the biggest scandals of the last 50’years.

So the gold sold by Brown for £3.5billion is one of the most controversial things to happen? an ounce of gold during that time was something like 240 dollars, then in 2019 just under £2k.

Then how much did the current inept bunch of clowns of a tory party spend on PPE, Track and Trace.. money to the energy firms as loans.. just lifted the bankers bonus- but let’s go back to £3.5 billions worth of gold in 2009.
    Seriously, you deserve what comes your way if that’s what your ever going to go on about. btw i didn’t agree with Browns gold sale, but seriously put things into perspective- hindsight is wonderful when it suits you - when gold appreciates in value 20 odd years later eh.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)