+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley v Charlton Athletic Match Thoughts

🤭 nice back heeler Norwood ⚽️⚽️👍

🏳 flag time , nubdi up front nar, apart from Cole ⚽️ great run by Williams , game orr 😃

PANIC 3-1 Mcarthy awful player , BLOW WHISTLE ☹️

Its a win, scrappy game 3pts thou ,

Plus points for me were Benson and Kane! Benson looks so composed on the ball and is getting better with every game, Kane was outstanding today and my MOM, his ball to Williams who set up the goal for Cole was sheer class, he's getting back to match fitness now, we just have to keep him fit.
    5 games unbeaten in all comps now, so confidence building nicely.

Only saw second half so can only comment on what I saw. I was impressed by our passing quality and workrate. Missed Benson goal but the other two goals were well worked. Well done Reds. Keep this up and not many teams in this division will live with our quality in midfield. Thomas , Kane and Benson are above this standard imo.

Benson and Kane played really well , i thought we missed aitchison's runs and pressing at times , Jack Walton too had a good game , as a team performance , not overly impressed 6/10 and could do better ! It's 3 more points and more confidence into the Squad , I watched it on Charlton TV and Peter Shirtcliffe was Co Commentator , he was a little biased towards Charlton at times I thought, he rightly pointed out that the scoreline flattered us slightly , their attempts on goal we're many and poor , on another day they possibly deserved at least a draw ? Anyway fkem !!

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Plus points for me were Benson and Kane! Benson looks so composed on the ball and is getting better with every game, Kane was outstanding today and my MOM, his ball to Williams who set up the goal for Cole was sheer class, he's getting back to match fitness now, we just have to keep him fit.
    5 games unbeaten in all comps now, so confidence building nicely.
    I have got to agree with you , I thought Kane was excellent & was my mom with honourable mentions for both Williams & Cole who both played very well & the ball that Kane played with the outside of his foot in the build up for the Cole goal was sublime, he played it just in front of where we sit & it was sheer quality & a bit of quality in this league makes all the difference.

My thoughts ….

Kane started very slowly - but got better as time went on.

Williams - twinkle toes - weak link of the team - reminds me of Wiseman - speed but no body strength.
    And then he does what he did for the 3rd goal. He needs a big kick up the backside - because if he could show the aggression he did for the 3rd goal then we could have a player here.

Charlton were unlucky.
    Some good players - really good chances to score - but lacking confidence.
    Confidence the responsibility of the manager.

Generally we played ok - not great, just OK - BUT it’s blatantly obvious we are missing a target striker.
    Someone to get on the end of crosses - that is also strong enough to win the long ball and bring others into play.
    That player remains IMO the difference of ending the season either in the top 10 - or the top 2.

It says they had 60% of possession today, but only hit 1 shot on target out of 12.
    Stats can tell fibbs I suppose, but it suggests they were a bit unlucky. However, this has happened to us on many occasions before, so Im not really bothered about them. How did Roma put it, he said f*k em!. 😂
    We're doing better at the moment after 10 games, than I expected us to. And with a midfield that is surely getting better in each game as well, lets hope it continues.
    And with the service they are getting, maybe both Norwood & Cole will reach double figures this season after all. 👍

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast