+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Rob was dismissed for gross misconduct. Whatever that was, he's put that right behind him and built himself a very successful career for himself. ''Let the first man without sin cast the first stone''

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24164701
    So if we employed Scott……surely James Rowe should be in there for the managers job..

Rob was dismissed for gross misconduct. Whatever that was, he's put that right behind him and built himself a very successful career for himself. ''Let the first man without sin cast the first stone''
    Rob usually had a 'short fuse', I'm certain he's now mellowed /matured /and is very much aware of his priorities.
    The gross misconduct was an incident at half-time in the Grimsby v Nuneaton match. An altercation with the Nuneaton staff on the bench although he had 'previous' that incident was the final straw and their chairman dismissed him.
    Like you say Brin Rob Scott has done well for himself career wise.
    Wouldn't be at all surprised with a Hurst /Scott combo, with Neil Warnock till end of season. 'SMILEY'

Reading between the lines, it seems that Scotty isn't too upset by Warne's depature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24164701
    Bet they wish he was still there

Whoever we chose I think the first name that should be deleted from people's minds is Neil Warnock and this 'til the end of the season' idea. It's September not March. What would that achieve other than to show we have no long term strategy or belief in where we are going.What would we do after that? I'd be amazed if his name has ever been mentioned in the meetings tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Whoever we chose I think the first name that should be deleted from people's minds is Neil Warnock and this 'til the end of the season' idea. It's September not March. What would that achieve other than to show we have no long term strategy or belief in where we are going.What would we do after that? I'd be amazed if his name has ever been mentioned in the meetings tbh.
    He can’t come in full time anyway unless he drops his tours which is quite good
    Last edited by millertop; 24-09-2022 at 08:12 AM.

Duncan Fergusson is being mentioned quite alot.
    One things for sure with him in the dugout there'll be no arguing from opposition managers! Lol.
    Personally I'd prefer a manager with no previous connections to the club, the old pals act worked with Warne and Co but that's because Warne was with us for a very long time so lived and breathed the club.
    I'm sure Rob Scott will do his due diligence and the right candidate will be appointed.

What’s also key,yes the manager himself but the back room staff for a club like ours can be just as integral in my book…in particular the “number two”…

I'd like to ask Scotty about recruitment. Why are we were giving 3 year contracts out to players of Eaves age. Also Humphreys an academy player at Man C played in Germany at what level? cause he doesn't look a good signing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    I'd like to ask Scotty about recruitment. Why are we were giving 3 year contracts out to players of Eaves age. Also Humphreys an academy player at Man C played in Germany at what level? cause he doesn't look a good signing to me.
    He'd probably reply, "What the f*ck do you know "

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast