+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Have we achieved? Should have won an aging Italian side to be European champions (and would have had Southgate been proactive when the Italians started getting on top but instead waited for an equaliser). Lost to a bang average Croatian side that got toyed with by France in the final of the World Cup. I've long held the view we have got those results in spite of Southgate.

My personal view is had Potter not gone to Chelsea, he'd be taking us to the world cup, especially if we lose and fail to score against Germany
    It's looking like that.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    It's looking like that.
    Maybe not!

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Maybe not!

Bout time they showed some fight and backbone. Like the German kit, would it suit us Sir?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Bout time they showed some fight and backbone. Like the German kit, would it suit us Sir?
    I’ve been thinking the same. (On both points).

Oh Pope. WTF was that.

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    I’ve been thinking the same. (On both points).
    Oops, just go for it England. It matters little if we lose. Magpie badge in white on the single black stripe, I can sees it now........................

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Oops, just go for it England. It matters little if we lose. Magpie badge in white on the single black stripe, I can sees it now........................
    Don't know what on earth to make of that game. When England finally decided to attack, they looked like they could beat anybody - rest of the time - dire.

Thought it might end up 3-3 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Don't know what on earth to make of that game. When England finally decided to attack, they looked like they could beat anybody - rest of the time - dire.
    Really? Most of that game England looked by far the better side. Let Germany back in with some awful individual errors and then another for the final goal. I don’t always agree with the focus on the positives and ignore the negatives that we heard in the interviews but tonight we had far more to be positive about than a very strong German side. I just hope Southgate doesn’t just go with all his favourites and brings in some of those on the fringes that are in much better form.

Southgate is hindering us. That is fact. It’s ok saying the players showed some fight and backbone, but IMO, Southgate is crippling the team with some dubious selections and down right defensive tactics. Once it went 2-0 and we had nothing to lose, we saw what the players were capable of.
    Southgate looks at our defence and feels it’s the weakest part of our team, that’s why he selects 5 defenders and Rice as a holding midfielder. Meanwhile, genuine attacking threat is sat on the bench getting splinters. Southgate is fortunate that he could if he chose, ask his attacking players to press, to run the defence ragged and then replace those players and it wouldn’t weaken the side.
    On a side note, Bellingham is some player. I’m glad he’s in Germany out of the lime light.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast