+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Quote Originally Posted by CamPie View Post
    Really? Most of that game England looked by far the better side. Let Germany back in with some awful individual errors and then another for the final goal. I don’t always agree with the focus on the positives and ignore the negatives that we heard in the interviews but tonight we had far more to be positive about than a very strong German side. I just hope Southgate doesn’t just go with all his favourites and brings in some of those on the fringes that are in much better form.
    I have nothing against the bloke, but **** me, if Maguire is in the squad without playing for United would be a joke. The errors that have plagued him at United, he made tonight. He’s a liability whilst in this rut. If he’s not playing what possible justification is there?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Like the German kit, would it suit us Sir?
    I was thinking the same!

He's still had more success than anyone apart from Sir Alf and he's going to be managing us in Qatar. I just think we should see what happens. Whatever the weather, it will be his last tournament, whether we go out in the groups or get to a final again.

May as well just enjoy Qatar (where possible) and tonight's game has given me a bit of hope at least!

Pope was out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    He's still had more success than anyone apart from Sir Alf and he's going to be managing us in Qatar. I just think we should see what happens. Whatever the weather, it will be his last tournament, whether we go out in the groups or get to a final again.

May as well just enjoy Qatar (where possible) and tonight's game has given me a bit of hope at least!

Pope was out of his depth.
    Southgate has a contract until after the 2024 Euros

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Southgate has a contract until after the 2024 Euros
    Yes he does. I can’t see him resigning from what is a well paid, low work role. The only way he goes is if we massively flop at the World Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yes he does. I can’t see him resigning from what is a well paid, low work role. The only way he goes is if we massively flop at the World Cup.
    Sarfgate was quoted as saying, ''He wouldn't outstay his welcome'', not that long ago actually. But they all say that.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...d-manager.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123