+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gareth Southgate

Gareth Southgate

You know, that guy who got Middlesbrough relegated in his only club management job playing surely the most boring football ever witnessed in the Premier League, and whose England team packed with attacking talent cannot score a goal to save their lives?

Why is this total fraud of a manager still in (supposedly) the most prestigious job in English football?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    You know, that guy who got Middlesbrough relegated in his only club management job playing surely the most boring football ever witnessed in the Premier League, and whose England team packed with attacking talent cannot score a goal to save their lives?

Why is this total fraud of a manager still in (supposedly) the most prestigious job in English football?
    To be fair England have achieved in recent major competitions, but these last few ENL performances have been truly abysmal.

It all started falling apart for him when he started preaching woke politics and forgot he was a football manager.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

This 1000%

We have all this supposed attacking talent and tonight we had 3 headers (two of those half headers from corners) and kanes 2 shots from the angle. Sterling spends the game dribbling into people, foden doesn't touch it, saka forgot he was playing and James poor crossing all game. Bellingham was good and rice ok. Defence as usual look absolutely terrified any time the opposition attack. Watching England thesedays is really, really hard work. Maguire starting is just bad and Shaw coming on, has Gareth got to get Man Utd players fit in his contract?

Southgate is absolute crap. Yes we can be poor in defence (which we usually are) but can we at least look good in attack and create some good chances? Not much hope of that under Gareth, we now are crap in both defence and attack. I can already see the replies but euro 2021 was a home tournament like euro 96 so that helped and still we weren't great (as opposed to 96) World Cup 2018 I mean come on we would have been expected to beat who we did and lost to the two good teams we played. Time to go Gareth you're absolute crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    It all started falling apart for him when he started preaching woke politics and forgot he was a football manager.
    I don't think his aim to stand upto racism (which should be applauded) is the problem. I think he's just a conservative, crap manager.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't think his aim to stand upto racism (which should be applauded) is the problem. I think he's just a conservative, crap manager.
    Gawd, it was an awful watch. Apart from that long range effort, did we actually have a serious shot on target? Deffo time for a change, methinks.

It's tippy tappy gone mad.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Gawd, it was an awful watch. Apart from that long range effort, did we actually have a serious shot on target? Deffo time for a change, methinks.
    Time for a change? As bad as Southgate is, what would you expect any manager to achieve with no warm up games and very little time to implement his style ready for the World Cup?
    He might as well finish the job and hope we can fluke our way to the latter stages, avoiding anyone decent along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    To be fair England have achieved in recent major competitions, but these last few ENL performances have been truly abysmal.
    Have we achieved? Should have won an aging Italian side to be European champions (and would have had Southgate been proactive when the Italians started getting on top but instead waited for an equaliser). Lost to a bang average Croatian side that got toyed with by France in the final of the World Cup. I've long held the view we have got those results in spite of Southgate.

My personal view is had Potter not gone to Chelsea, he'd be taking us to the world cup, especially if we lose and fail to score against Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Have we achieved? Should have won an aging Italian side to be European champions (and would have had Southgate been proactive when the Italians started getting on top but instead waited for an equaliser). Lost to a bang average Croatian side that got toyed with by France in the final of the World Cup. I've long held the view we have got those results in spite of Southgate.

My personal view is had Potter not gone to Chelsea, he'd be taking us to the world cup, especially if we lose and fail to score against Germany
    For me, Southgate is a pretty average manager who wouldn't get close to managing a top Premier League team. Hope I'm wrong, but I'm expecting another World Cup 2014-esque performance from us in Qatar and ignominious failure to get out of the group stage. Southgate needs to take a page out of the England cricket playbook, be a little more adventurous and make the most of our attacking options.

I'd have loved for Potter to get the job after the World Cup, but he's clearly got a major challenge ahead at Chelsea. If Steve Cooper does a good job over the river and gets them moving up the table, he might be a future candidate given his history with the England set-up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast