+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Sarfgate Art 😉

Sarfgate Art 😉

🇮🇹 ⚽️ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 nil

He's lost the plot Roma , this world cup is one tournament too far for him in my opinion .

The way he went about the Euro Final and ultimately lost it should have seen him gone .

Totally agree , the Squad should be settled by now ready for the WC! Instead he keeps chopping and changing , bringing new and old faces back in , i mean Maguire fgs whe's one usless lump , he has to go , but who would replace him? I wouldnt rule Rooney out 🥔face !

He has indeed shown poor management of late , his team selection & tactics last night are a classic example & if he was a club manager performing in a similar manner he would be looking at the dole queue , however it would be a massive gamble to get shut now & try to find the right replacement with the world cup so close , in fact it would be nigh on impossible as any candidate for the job will probably still be in work & the timescale for all the interviews etc would be too short so it looks like we are stuck with him & despite having an excellent crop of talent at our disposal it will be another 4 years down the pan because we will win nothing with this guy thats for sure.

I never thought Id hear the phrase 'England relegated' at football, but now we've got to try and win promotion back to the A levels.
    That's the good thing about these Nations league matches, they are a step up at least from pointless friendlies.
    But speaking of a step up, the WCup is just around the corner and Ive lost most of if not all of the excitement I had for this team, when the tournament draw was made. What's it going to take for him to resign or be sacked, I wonder!.

It doesn’t matter. It’s a sham competition made up by uefa.
    However we won’t win owt with mr cautious, far too negative but talks a good game.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    It doesn’t matter. It’s a sham competition made up by uefa.
    However we won’t win owt with mr cautious, far too negative but talks a good game.
    Almost as much of a sham as the Papa poor mans trophy ehh lol.

Does the Nations league offer the occasional back-door place into some WC or EC tournaments ?. And I think relegation down the group levels, can bring up tougher opponents in future WC and EC qualifying groups.

That was a better showing from us in the second half against Germany, but why did we just coast it up to them scoring their second goal. If he/Southgate would take the shackles off a bit and allow us to do that more often from the start, we might actually have a good WC again.