+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. York City 24.09.22 [NL]

Great win, and so important for confidence after the setback last week. It still feels as though we're actually scoring fewer goals than our dominance in games deserves, but 3-1 away from home is obviously a good result.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    Great win, and so important for confidence after the setback last week. It still feels as though we're actually scoring fewer goals than our dominance in games deserves, but 3-1 away from home is obviously a good result.
    Could have had 6 mate, macca missed another one on one, chicksen put it over the bar open net 2 yards out plus others. Castro was brilliant. They had one shot and scored when we went to sleep for 10 mins, apart from that good day at the office, nothing to see here except a team of winners.

Nemane good as well, getting better with more confidence. Ruben was ok today but not at his best but that's cause we expect so much from him. Defence solid, Palmer great as well. A really good afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    They got 6,833 v Oldham earlier this season.

Anything above 4,228 would be the highest for a Notts match up there since the 1970s.

Attendance: 6,759

Quote Originally Posted by NcFc-123 View Post
    Haha, 11 minutes. I actually had a little bet of 15 minutes before you took the bait, well done.

If you think that was weird, with the drivel that's posted on here daily you need to have a word with yourself.
    I was taken a little by surprise. I know not all match threads end up being about the match, but your post was seriously strange.

I hope you enjoyed the win as much as I did.

That’s a really good result away from home. After last weeks defeat it was important that we bounced back with a win. This is what happens when you are challenging for the title the pressure builds for the next game after you’ve lost. Especially when we lost to a team that on paper with our resources we shouldn’t be losing to.

It’s now even more important that we follow todays win up with a win against Altrincham at Meadow Lane next Saturday. They are second to bottom.

As for Wrexham and also Chesterfield we can’t control what they do and can only have an impact on their season when we play them. We knew this season that Wrexham will be the ones who will be up there and ideally it would have been better had they gone up last season. But they didn’t so all we can do is keep the pressure on them and push them all the way.

We have slightly more than 2 points per game so remain on course to be challenging for the title. Keep on this trajectory and you just never know what might happen. That’s the beauty of football. Top spot is not Wrexhams right or a given. Besides it’s whoever is top on the last game of the season that goes up automatically not necessary the team that is top in Sept, Dec or Jan. Keeping ourselves in that top three in touching distance is where we are and need to be.
    Last edited by MAD_MAGPIE; 24-09-2022 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Agreed, and Wrexham at home in 10 days time.
    I think our best chance of finishing ahead of Wrexham is to beat them twice. I can’t see them dropping many points to the lesser teams, so even this early in the season a week on Tuesday is a bit of a six-pointer.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I was taken a little by surprise. I know not all match threads end up being about the match, but your post was seriously strange.

I hope you enjoyed the win as much as I did.
    I was saying I expect you were happy with the win, which you have just said you are. Hope that helps. No need for any confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by NcFc-123 View Post
    I was saying I expect you were happy with the win, which you have just said you are. Hope that helps. No need for any confusion.
    The confusion came with the need to mention bedwetters, sand and vaginas to make your point.

As someone once said, #viva!

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast