+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnificent Magyars

Magnificent Magyars

Top of the Nations League with a goal that if it had been scored by Ronaldo or Messi it would have been all over MSM and social media.Szalai Ádam the 34 year old captain who is retiring from International football on Monday after the final game against Italy scored this thing of beauty.He has played most of his career in Germany so it will have been very satisfying for him to score the goal that saw Hungary beat Germany for the first time since 1954.
    Hajrá Magyarok!

How did England do against Italy???

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    Top of the Nations League with a goal that if it had been scored by Ronaldo or Messi it would have been all over MSM and social media.Szalai Ádam the 34 year old captain who is retiring from International football on Monday after the final game against Italy scored this thing of beauty.He has played most of his career in Germany so it will have been very satisfying for him to score the goal that saw Hungary beat Germany for the first time since 1954.
    Hajrá Magyarok!

We were proper $hite CiB, and lost 1-0 and got relegated from something or other.

Congratulations to Hungary. We have a team of players on around £100k per week and they can’t score a goal against anyone !

We were awful CiB, but I'm not sure Gareth takes this competition too seriously, it's only meant to give a bit of meaning to what would otherwise be meaningless friendlies after all, isn't it. It doesn't bode well for the World Cup though, even if we seem to be in a relatively easy group. Hungary are certainly flying now, who have they got in their group in Qatar, I could be tempted to have a little bet on them to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We were awful CiB, but I'm not sure Gareth takes this competition too seriously, it's only meant to give a bit of meaning to what would otherwise be meaningless friendlies after all, isn't it. It doesn't bode well for the World Cup though, even if we seem to be in a relatively easy group. Hungary are certainly flying now, who have they got in their group in Qatar, I could be tempted to have a little bet on them to win it.
    sinkov, at least you wouldn't lose your money ---Hungary did not qualify as far as I can remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    sinkov, at least you wouldn't lose your money ---Hungary did not qualify as far as I can remember!
    I know Sub, as I'm sure CiB knew we were sh1te against Italy. Didn't stop him asking though did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I am taking your advice Sub and trying to not worry about not qualifying for Qatar and just enjoying the current success against the minnows of International football such as Germany and that other team we drubbed 0-4 last time out.Another minnow on Monday night-Italy at the Puskás Stadium it will be rocking with 67.000 fans especially if Viktor Orbans ally Meloni wins tomorrow!

I am taking your advice Sub and trying to not worry about not qualifying for Qatar and just enjoying the current success against the minnows of International football such as Germany and that other team we drubbed 0-4 last time out.Another minnow on Monday night-Italy at the Puskás Stadium it will be rocking with 67.000 fans especially if Viktor Orbans ally Meloni wins tomorrow!
    You will be in good company CiB, Italy did not qualify for the World Cup either.

On current FIFA World Rankings England are 5th, Hungary 43rd. I don't pretend to know just how they're formulated, or over what time scale they're calculated, and nor do I care. What I do know is that if you used them to bet on football you'd likely go bankrupt fairly quickly.

For instance, if the 5th rated team was playing the 43rd rated team tomorrow, I wouldn't put a penny on the 5th rated team, and I doubt anyone on this msgboard would.

They keep winning because the opposition players just keep falling over laughing all the time, at the idea that Callum Styles is actually Hungarian lol.
    Granville Trotter was more Hungarian, on Open all Fools. 😂

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)