+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BT sport National league highlights

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why will we be lucky to keep him?

This time last season the talk was that Ruben was as good as gone. Our owners don't feel like sellers unless it is in our best interests.

But everyone has his price.
    That was the BT pundits summing up not mine, as you say everyones got their price but with his age, potential & the 3 year contract we have him on I would hope Langstaffs is very high for this level & a good sell on clause should be a must.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    He's a great signing, but I am surprised that others don't seem to have tried to sign him (I didn't see anything). Wouldn't really have been hard to identify, but we do seem to do increasingly well on identifying how a player would fit into our system.
    In fairness, stats wise he only really started scoring last season. He hadn’t played a huge amount up until then and for a 25 year old, clubs may have questioned why. If clubs looked at him they might have thought (wrongly) that he was a striker that scored a fair few in what was a free scoring team and the step up may have been too much it had concerns about whether he would be fit enough to go up the levels. Thankfully radar saw beyond this and we have acquired one of the hottest commodities outside of the EFL and probably League 2.
    I think the BT guys were saying that we’d struggle to keep him based on the fact if a L1 or Championship club came sniffing it might turn Macauley’s head and he might want the move, at 25 who could blame him? I’m not sure a club would offer enough for us to simply allow him to leave, especially if he continues on his current goals trajectory, where he will be on more than 20 goals come January. The beauty of him being from NLN is that there is unlikely to be a release clause. So it’s up to the club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12