+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT sport National league highlights

BT sport National league highlights

Why is it that it's all Chesterfield and Wrexham? Yes a little mention of Langstaff, but no mention of a superbly taken free kick. Why are all these channels biased towards Notts?

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    Why is it that it's all Chesterfield and Wrexham? Yes a little mention of Langstaff, but no mention of a superbly taken free kick. Why are all these channels biased towards Notts?
    I wouldn't worry about it. Best to let Notts performances and results do the talking.

Just keep smiling they have been the same since we got down there, maybe somebody upset them? apparently Chessie & Wreckem will be reinforcing in Jan whereas we will be very lucky to hang on to Langstaff, we will wait & see.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Just keep smiling they have been the same since we got down there, maybe somebody upset them? apparently Chessie & Wreckem will be reinforcing in Jan whereas we will be very lucky to hang on to Langstaff, we will wait & see.
    It’d have to be a hefty fee to prise him away with him being on a three year contract.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    It’d have to be a hefty fee to prise him away with him being on a three year contract.
    What would you think?

£500,000+ and a hefty sell on clause?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What would you think?

Sounds about right to me, not that I want us to cash in for the obvious reasons. Whether #radar or #owners the recruitment is getting better and better.

Personally I don't care whether BT mention us, fawn over us, or say nowt but clearly a lot of people do as it gets mentioned so regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Why will we be lucky to keep him?

This time last season the talk was that Ruben was as good as gone. Our owners don't feel like sellers unless it is in our best interests.

But everyone has his price.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What would you think?

I’d want more. He has out scored Tsimanga (last season) and look at the price that Brum were happy to spend on a player who had less on his contract, and will in all probability suffer residual injuries as a result of his leg break.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Why will we be lucky to keep him?

This time last season the talk was that Ruben was as good as gone. Our owners don't feel like sellers unless it is in our best interests.

But everyone has his price.
    I think the owners already knew how good Macauley was/is because they gave him a three-year contract rather than the standard two. If he carries on scoring like he is, the balance between his worth to us and his market value will probably be struck after about 18 months, so I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him in next season's winter window for a very sizeable fee.

I know a lot of fans hate such talk, and I certainly don't want to see players like him leave, but realistically you can't let someone that good get to the end of their contract and go for nothing. You've either got to extend their contract or sell at the financially opportune time. The good news is that the same people who spotted Macauley will be the ones identifying his replacement, and they'll have a fair bit of cash to play with!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I think the owners already knew how good Macauley was/is because they gave him a three-year contract rather than the standard two. If he carries on scoring like he is, the balance between his worth to us and his market value will probably be struck after about 18 months, so I wouldn't be surprised if we sold him in next season's winter window for a very sizeable fee.

I know a lot of fans hate such talk, and I certainly don't want to see players like him leave, but realistically you can't let someone that good get to the end of their contract and go for nothing. You've either got to extend their contract or sell at the financially opportune time. The good news is that the same people who spotted Macauley will be the ones identifying his replacement, and they'll have a fair bit of cash to play with!
    He's a great signing, but I am surprised that others don't seem to have tried to sign him (I didn't see anything). Wouldn't really have been hard to identify, but we do seem to do increasingly well on identifying how a player would fit into our system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast