+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Karl998yr View Post
    Let's face it they have probably got Warne, Barker, Hamshaw and Warrington on 4 year deals and are still paying less than they were to Rooney alone for one.
    I would hope they are as he was reportedly on 125K/week. Probably got all 4 and still saving over 100K/week.

Nathan Jones wasn’t gone too long.

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Seem to think the animosity stemmed from when we tanned their arses 3 0 didn’t Rooney say TS had been disrespectful? Can’t remember that Warne had owt to do with it think we beat them away time plays tricks think it was last time we were in Champ? You’d think with them being such a big club I’d remember!!!
    As regards Warne I think he’ll be gone by Xmas but think the next club he goes to after that he’ll do a good job
    Like the above good people say I wouldn’t want him back either we need a new coach and staff with new ideas with of course the exception of Rob Scott and Woody who is going to be crucial with this appointment as the link between the players and the new guy
    Watched a video on derby forum and apparently it was a comment warne made about derby playing Wednesday. Commentator said sumat about the 2 drew so they survive. " Warne reply urh eh well that's disappointing "

I'm not sure it's going to work out for him there either. His success has been built on creating an ethos and bringing in players with 'the right attitude' rather than tactical acumen. That takes time and it's one thing they won't be in any mood to give him. I just don't see him as a manager who will have an immediate impact with an unfamiliar group of players. Hope I'm wrong (I'm in the wish him well group) but that's how I see it.

He might do ok

Well enough to finish in the top ten.

But expectations are higher

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    Nathan Jones wasn’t gone too long.
    But he never wrote and didn’t call

Quote Originally Posted by LincsMiller View Post
    But he never wrote and didn’t call
    B-side, Happy (is a bumby road ) that’s about right just now.

Fans there have 'massivitis' and that's difficult to satiate - success has to be quick and sustained - if Paul and his team can deliver then Paul's stock will rise and perhaps see him manage in the top flight - huge task ahead though

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Fans there have 'massivitis' and that's difficult to satiate - success has to be quick and sustained - if Paul and his team can deliver then Paul's stock will rise and perhaps see him manage in the top flight - huge task ahead though
    Money aside, it’s a brave decision

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast