+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derby County Forum

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Money aside, it’s a brave decision
    Money considered, it's a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    Money considered, it's a no-brainer.
    An absolute no -brainer Last. If I take my Millers hat off I would have done exactly the same.I don't need him to spell his reasons out in a club statement.I can work them out myself.It is not like me or anyone else on this board who goes and develops a career elsewhere,this IS their career.With regards to taking the Derby job he may have used a 'philosophy' that I would often use.........''if it all goes 't*ts up,where does it leave me''.
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 25-09-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    A valid point Patty but it does happen......Nathan Jones and Eddie Howe being the obvious 2 purely because it worked 2nd time round for both.Ronnie Moore came back for a 2nd stint and that worked reasonably well. A lot would be decided on what note the relationship between TS & PW parted on. Anyway I guess that is a subject that may/may not be needed in the future.The club comes first and no one individual is bigger than that.
    Ronnie Moore was a failure secound time around why he got the sack

All the comments here about him getting sacked blah blah blah.

Paul Warne is a very good manager.

He will get them promoted and top half off the championship

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    To a point but he got us to a play-off Final at Wembley whilst we were all shivering at the Don Valley.

Just a couple of posts from Derby fans, they are not all bad.Warne would be a pragmatic choice, but Rosenior has done well enough so far. I know he’s not got the job, with that interim title still above his head, so who knows. I’m still happy enough with Rosenior, personally, but Warne would be a good choice. Warne would be a pragmatic choice, but Rosenior has done well enough so far. I know he’s not got the job, with that interim title still above his head, so who knows. I’m still happy enough with Rosenior, personally, but Warne would be a good choice.

Can’t say Warne would be my first choice but he knows how to get out of the division which is our first and main target this season, so right behind this if it comes to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    Short memories. We were 5th when he was sacked. We won the next match 6-0 at Lincoln.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaufighter View Post
    Short memories. We were 5th when he was sacked. We won the next match 6-0 at Lincoln.
    Beau, that was the night I backed Alf to get a hat trick and us to win 6-0 @ 300/1.

Thing is, a hat trick was scored but Ian Moore got it!

Always amazes me how people go. On rival sites, and are shocked that they aren't kissing our arses. Not exactly a lot of respect for other clubs on here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast