+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Now the dust is settling?

Now the dust is settling?

Don't think it'll settle for a while - but - after being really disappointed with Pauls' departure I think the writing was on the wall after the Smith debacle over wages etc. Paul must have got the feeling after that, that the chairman was sticking to his guns over wages (which included his).
    But what has hit me is the overwhelming acceptance by the chairman (and Rob Scott) about the departure. I get no feeling whatsoever that they have bust a gut trying to keep him.
    Maybe that is the way forward for all of us - Paul's reign is over now, so we should all hope that those running the club can see
    that we may need someone else to take us to the next level (keeping us in this league!)

Quote Originally Posted by twitch44 View Post
    Don't think it'll settle for a while - but - after being really disappointed with Pauls' departure I think the writing was on the wall after the Smith debacle over wages etc. Paul must have got the feeling after that, that the chairman was sticking to his guns over wages (which included his).
    But what has hit me is the overwhelming acceptance by the chairman (and Rob Scott) about the departure. I get no feeling whatsoever that they have bust a gut trying to keep him.
    Maybe that is the way forward for all of us - Paul's reign is over now, so we should all hope that those running the club can see
    that we may need someone else to take us to the next level (keeping us in this league!)
    You do realise that TS has only read one book - David Copperfield - and he has Mickawber's dictum tatooed on his backside. You lads don't listen. The next level that the board anticipate is L1. All the rest is baloney. Rent comes in. Fans (enough anyway) will turn up. Wages lower. A football chairman's Heaven.